1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42pd5200 advice needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by edinburgh160, Dec 18, 2004.

1. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, hoping you can give me some advice.
    I'm taking delivery of the Hitachi 42pd5200 next week and have the following connection questions :
    I have SKY and take it I will use the RGB scart (only one I believe).
    I also have a Ronin P90H dvd player which has progressive scan which I'm looking forward to using, however what connection should I use (lead will I need to buy ?)
    Also I have an Xbox which I would like to connect up,

I do have a Vivanco SBX94se AVcontrol3 box, and If I use that to say share the SKY and Xbox will I notice any drop in quality.

Hope you can help me .

Cheers

2. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, I have an Hitachi 42PD5200, which I am very pleased with. My Sky+ box is connected via the RGB scart, my Xbox is connected up using the Sky box's 2nd scart (which has an RGB loop). When you switch your Xbox on the signal from that automatically overrides the digibox. The plasma has two component inputs. I have got my modded Pioneer 737 connected up for NTSC progressive. The plasma also has a DVi-D socket for Hi Def, DVD or PC, I have the latter connected up with awsome results. Also, I am using the S-video mini din via my Yamaha AX-1 for super vhs signals from my Panasonic NV-HS900 & my Pioneer 925 LD player.
    I hope that this is useful.
    Merry Chrismas!
    Ta, Neil.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :beer:

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Neil.

I dont have a sky+ unfortunately (need to get one next year).
    one thing, do you get much buzzing ? I read that a few complain about this. The screen will be about 12 feet away from the sofa ?

cheers for your help

4. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Edinburgh160, my 5200 doesn't buzz or hum. I'm sat just short of 2m from it.
    Ta, Neil
    :smashin:

5. shane515

shane515

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    well said that man....I also have a 5200, read loads on here about the dreaded 'buzz' but so far so good. Brill pic and sound, you will love it. :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

6. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys. Its coming on Wednesday and I cant wait. I was a long time in determining what screen to go for and seem to have made a good choice.
    I'll nip to Richer Sounds after I have it up to get the best leads etc.
    I had an old 32" W/S tardis before so cant wait.
    and I'm glad to hear about nil buzzing.
    Cheers

7. yoofi

yoofi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guy am planning to buy 42pd5200
    my problem is I`ve got sky, sony davsb500 and video recorder
    how can I connect and this with 1 scart.
    can I use the turner box for 5300 to the 42pd5200 ?
    yoofi

8. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yoofi, do you have a home cinema amp? I've routed my Panny S-vhs & my Pioneer LD player through my Yammy AX-1 using the S-video mini din plugs. I've got my Pioneer 737 connected directly via component leads & my Sky+ uses the RGB scart.
    Ta, Neil.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    what did you guys demo the 5200 against? i'm interested in it because of the high res (for better HD futureproofing, rather than PC work) and am interested to hear what you considered as competition and whether anything in particular made you go for the 5200...

Edited to ask if someone can explain what this ALIS feature is and whether it is a good or bad thing? Read a few comments on the board which aren't too keen about it, but if it is well liked as a screen, what IS the problem?

10. azs

azs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yoofi, I have a 5200 also and have a DVD player with scart out and also a freeiew box with scart or composite - wishing to use scart instead of composite I bought a scart switch box that carries RGB - If you choose to go the same route, I would try to buy the switching box from somewhere easy to return it too - it seems to have introduced a slight audio delay/ lip sync problem when in rgb mode. Could well be talking absolute rubbish, but thats how things are looking to me at the moment.....

Be interested to know what others think.........

11. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have my SKY (soon to be SKY +) through the RGB scart, have my xbox through the 2nd scart slot on SKY. My DVD is wired through component with sound through a Sony amp (Co-oxial for DVD and optical for xbox).
    Loving the picture .