1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5000 from Nexnix

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pdkelly, Mar 3, 2004.

1. pdkelly

pdkelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

just bought a Hitachi 42PD5000 from Nexnix, just thought I would say that the plasma is excellent (bar a few reservations) and the service and general customer service from Matt at Nexnex was excellent. Much better than Richer Sounds (p.s. this is not an advert or anything - just IMHO) - price matched for me pretty much though about £40 quid in it but got the Hitachi Extended On-Site warranty instead of Richer Sounds Third Party (I thought that it would be worth the £40 extra. Delivery was prompt and the screen - my god! Plugged PC straight in and played X2 on it in full 42" glory - felt like I was on the otherside of the galaxy myself. The only thing I might moan about is the colours seem a bit overpowering via Sky+, but thats it. The actual image itself is effing brilliant.

Well worth the investment.

2. Vinesh

Vinesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Have u tried adjusting the contrast in the sky menu?

ie, low, med and high?

3. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    pdkelly,

Welcome to plasmaville :smashin:

I also bought my plasma from Nexnix last year and i must say they have a very good before & after sales service :)

DVD :D

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i 2nd the great customer service from matt at nexnix( i`m there nightmare customer):D :D

have you got a pal/ region dvd with the thx optimode on it. use this to get the picture your happy with then copy it to the sky imput. wont be perfect , but will help alot to get you started

toy story
    star wars

are 2 dvds that come to mind

5. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    pdkelly

glad that you're happy with your plasma. I was seriously considering this plasma until some of the negative reports on this forum recently. Now completely confused again, keep posting how you get on with it

6. pdkelly

pdkelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you want - if you want a plasma that looks good, has great images from standard DVD input and pretty reasonable Sky images plus fantastic PC input for under £3K then it's the plasma for you. Girlfriend was really sceptical til she saw a 2 foot high Bono from U2 live at Slaine Castle - now she is sold.

The thing is a lot of people on this forum are Techophiles - no offence to anybody - but if you are a normal bloke like me looking for a screen to do everything this does not fail - frankly I don't give a damn if the ALIS screens drop this that and the other - it still looks great out of the box.

nuff said!

7. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mrs Brethy here I have to say that I totally agree with your comments, we also have the 42PD5000 and as a complete novice and "watcher of tv" I have to say that I think the picture is wonderful. We've been watching Finding Nemo over the weekend with very good results and I can honestly say even on Sky the picture remains very good, sharp and clear, I am more than happy with it.:D

8. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    brethy & mrs brethy,
    I know that you also had the Panny 6 series, so do you prefer the picture on the Hitachi?
    What differences did you find between the two screens?

9. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AV Geezer
    I wish:laugh: I think you're getting us confused with someone else, as much as a I would love to have 2 plasmas I think my bank manager would have a fit:D .

Mrs Brethy

10. mw3cdj

mw3cdj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    pdkelly,
    I am far from beaing a 'Techophile', but suerly when someone spends 3k or so on a TV it should be up to some sort of standerd.
    Regards,
    Daran

11. pdkelly

pdkelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course - I think you mis-read my point. The screen does everything it needs to from a normal viewers point of view - no pixellation great colors, contrast etc. What I was trying to say is that there seems to be a few on the forum who are "anti-alis" (not a reference to Wizard of Oz by the way) but I really don't understand it when the picture looks as good as my plasma

12. mw3cdj

mw3cdj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't get me wrong the quality on my 400e is fantastic. it's just that it's got a problem at the moment . See the thread by Elvis a little higher up.
    Regards,
    Daran

13. FairyCake

FairyCake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    (If you have already read this reply on another thread I apologise. I'm trying to ensure a broad range of answers if possible)
    I too am thinking of buying the Hitachi 42PD5000.

Have you ever experienced peoples skin tones changing to red/green when they move quickly on the screen. Settling back to their correct colours once they stop moving? I have read on a few threads this is the case. Especially for soaps, holiday programmes, gardening programmes etc?

Thanks

Keith