Hitachi 42PD5000 from Nexnix

P

pdkelly

Hi,

just bought a Hitachi 42PD5000 from Nexnix, just thought I would say that the plasma is excellent (bar a few reservations) and the service and general customer service from Matt at Nexnex was excellent. Much better than Richer Sounds (p.s. this is not an advert or anything - just IMHO) - price matched for me pretty much though about £40 quid in it but got the Hitachi Extended On-Site warranty instead of Richer Sounds Third Party (I thought that it would be worth the £40 extra. Delivery was prompt and the screen - my god! Plugged PC straight in and played X2 on it in full 42" glory - felt like I was on the otherside of the galaxy myself. The only thing I might moan about is the colours seem a bit overpowering via Sky+, but thats it. The actual image itself is effing brilliant.

Well worth the investment.

Vinesh

Have u tried adjusting the contrast in the sky menu?

ie, low, med and high?

Blu-rayx

pdkelly,

Welcome to plasmaville :smashin:

I also bought my plasma from Nexnix last year and i must say they have a very good before & after sales service :)

DVD :D

J

jmack

i 2nd the great customer service from matt at nexnix( i`m there nightmare customer):D :D

have you got a pal/ region dvd with the thx optimode on it. use this to get the picture your happy with then copy it to the sky imput. wont be perfect , but will help alot to get you started

toy story
star wars

are 2 dvds that come to mind

Gazzad

Standard Member
pdkelly

glad that you're happy with your plasma. I was seriously considering this plasma until some of the negative reports on this forum recently. Now completely confused again, keep posting how you get on with it

P

pdkelly

Depends what you want - if you want a plasma that looks good, has great images from standard DVD input and pretty reasonable Sky images plus fantastic PC input for under £3K then it's the plasma for you. Girlfriend was really sceptical til she saw a 2 foot high Bono from U2 live at Slaine Castle - now she is sold.

The thing is a lot of people on this forum are Techophiles - no offence to anybody - but if you are a normal bloke like me looking for a screen to do everything this does not fail - frankly I don't give a damn if the ALIS screens drop this that and the other - it still looks great out of the box.

nuff said!

B

brethy

Mrs Brethy here I have to say that I totally agree with your comments, we also have the 42PD5000 and as a complete novice and "watcher of tv" I have to say that I think the picture is wonderful. We've been watching Finding Nemo over the weekend with very good results and I can honestly say even on Sky the picture remains very good, sharp and clear, I am more than happy with it.:D

AV Geeza

Novice Member
brethy & mrs brethy,
I know that you also had the Panny 6 series, so do you prefer the picture on the Hitachi?
What differences did you find between the two screens?

B

brethy

AV Geezer
I wish:laugh: I think you're getting us confused with someone else, as much as a I would love to have 2 plasmas I think my bank manager would have a fit:D .

Mrs Brethy

mw3cdj

Standard Member
The thing is a lot of people on this forum are Techophiles
pdkelly,
I am far from beaing a 'Techophile', but suerly when someone spends 3k or so on a TV it should be up to some sort of standerd.
Regards,
Daran

P

pdkelly

Of course - I think you mis-read my point. The screen does everything it needs to from a normal viewers point of view - no pixellation great colors, contrast etc. What I was trying to say is that there seems to be a few on the forum who are "anti-alis" (not a reference to Wizard of Oz by the way) but I really don't understand it when the picture looks as good as my plasma

mw3cdj

Standard Member
but I really don't understand it when the picture looks as good as my plasma
Don't get me wrong the quality on my 400e is fantastic. it's just that it's got a problem at the moment . See the thread by Elvis a little higher up.
Regards,
Daran

F

FairyCake

Hi
(If you have already read this reply on another thread I apologise. I'm trying to ensure a broad range of answers if possible)
I too am thinking of buying the Hitachi 42PD5000.

Have you ever experienced peoples skin tones changing to red/green when they move quickly on the screen. Settling back to their correct colours once they stop moving? I have read on a few threads this is the case. Especially for soaps, holiday programmes, gardening programmes etc?

Thanks

Keith