HITACHI 42PD4200H - Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by SA07UK, Aug 23, 2006.

1. SA07UK

SA07UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I bought this screen last year as the H version was labelled as HD Ready. Could someone please tell me whether it is properly HD ready and how many pixels it displays? It has no HDMI or DVI input and I have had to buy a Digital to Analog converter to play my HD camcorder on it.

Any information would be appreciated as I am a bit of a plasma virgin and am now wondering whether I need to buy another screen to get true HD.

Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    right "HD ready" is spec set by EICTA which set certain technical requirements to use the "HD ready" Logo
    "true HD" is a nonsense idea as there is no one HD spec. (in fact anything higher than Standard definition is classed as High definition.)

What HD sources are you planning on? And whats wrong with your current screen? (in your opinion?)

3. SA07UK

SA07UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi HornyDragon (HD! :) ). I have bought a HD Sony HDR-HC3e camcorder which outputs in Hdmi but my Hitachi tv has no DVI input or hdmi input. This means i've also had to buy a converter to convert the signal from digital to analogue so I can use the component input in my tv. The normal 42pd4200 is also at the 800 x 600 ish resolution and I don't know if the 42pd4200H is any different.

What I really need to know is whether I will be getting a proper Hd picture if I use my camcorder and the Sky HD box with this tv. Or whether i should just cut my losses and buy a higher-spec tv, which i don't really want to do obviously!

Thanks.