Hitachi 42PD4200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by neillyp, Nov 12, 2004.

1. neillyp

neillyp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have recently bought an Hitachi 42" 42PD4200 plasma screen. Although I am pretty happy with the picture, I can find no reviews or tech specs outside of the hitachi website. I notice posts on the forum from other owners of this screen but was wondering what you thought of it. I have it componented up with decent component cable (around £100) and a semi decent DVD (Limit - don't remember model) . I have this screen for another 6 days before my 14 day trial period runs out and I have to keep it.

XBOX games look great through it and newer DVDs look really good while older ones are somewhat grainy.

Out of the entire 42" plasma range I notice that this is the only 850 * 483 model available. I now about scalar/scaling and 1024 * 1024 only being shown in 1024 * 512 because of this, so there aint much difference there. Just wanting the most for my money I suppose.

Another confusing point is that there is no mention anywhere of progressive scan but I was under the impression that plasma screens had to be prog scan to display properly. It claims to display all the 720p, 1080i etc formats according to the manual but again I don't know enough about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

p.s. All of my mates who ave seen it so far think it's really good. Am I being overly critical?

2. zoom

zoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you're spending that much money on a TV it's impossible not to be overly critical. Check you the Panny's and Pios this weekend by bringing along a DVD you are familiar with, then decide.