1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD4200 vs 42PD7200 HELP!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by oscar_uk, Sep 12, 2005.

1. oscar_uk

oscar_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was going to buy the 4200 from Richer Sounds today but decided to go away and sleep on it.

Now I've looked into the 7200 and I'm wondering whether to spend the extra??!

The main reasons for me so far are that it has more scart sockets and will be hdtv compatible. Can anybody tell me what other advantages there are and give me some really good reasons to spend the extra £600 because I'm finding hard to justify to myself at the moment.

Any comments or thoughts on either models or hitachi in general would be really appreciated,

thanks

2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    7200 is HD ready and has better PQ. whether is worth the extra £600 to you is really a case of whether you want will want HD in the forseeable future or not.
    If you can go the extra £600 then go the extra £600 IMHO.

3. oscar_uk

oscar_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know how long these models have been around?

In richer sounds the 4200 seems like a better deal because it's showing as reduced from £2500 which is the same as the rrp of the 7200. How much older is the 4200.

How much better is the 7200 and is it likely to drop in price any time soon like the 4200??