Hitachi 42PD3000E / AV3000E Problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jonny.go.go, Jan 3, 2007.

1. jonny.go.go

jonny.go.go
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi hope someone might be able to help. My ageing plasma has broken down again and the problem appears to be the media box ( prob power supply ) it clicks and clicks and occasionally we get a picture for a few seconds then off again:( . After changing a couple of components on the power supply STRF6668b and a 5v2 zener I am no further forward. Any ideas ?

Also can the 42PD3000e accept a direct input through the DVI input from a PC graphic card. I have not tried this but wondered if the media box could be bypassed ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jonny:)

2. tayeb

tayeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:
    jonny.go.go
    I have same problem with 42pd3000 and av3000e, I have changed the same ic but still goes on/off.
    I am still trying to find solution for it, when I do I'll let you know

3. chegmasterfunk

chegmasterfunk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Folks

I have the same equipment as mentioned above.Would be interested in a workaround for the mediabox (if mines goes down) Please update me.

Regards

Chegmasterfunk

4. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    if you do some search around in the forum you will find what others have done as solutions :)

actually i don't remember what, but there was someone who even invented something instead of the av3000 ;)

cheers :hiya:

5. chegmasterfunk

chegmasterfunk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks

I will search around

Regards

Chegmasterfunk

6. smyth

smyth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am wondering if you have found a fix for your problem. My media box has began to act up as you have explained and I was hoping you managed to narrow down the problem.

Any information would be great.

Many Thanks,

Adam

7. biohazard77

biohazard77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,ive just picked up both the 42PD3000e and the AV3000e.I was given them by a family member.My problem is that when i connect everything up the power light on the front of the AVC stays red no matter what i do,the screen itself wont power up,tried the test button on the back also and get nothing.Would the fact that the screen wont switch on cause the AVC to stay in standbye mode or are both the TV and AVC faulty?Also bit ov a daft question i know:confused:,but does anyone have any ideas on what the repair bill would be?
    Hope someone can help me out:lease:

8. large1968

large1968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with my Hitachi 42pd3000. In order to carry out a screen test, the cables to the screen must be disconnected (obviously not the power lead! :)) before pushing the test button (located underneath near to the av socket) and hold the button for 10 seconds. the screen should then cycle through its colours. Mine did so i know its not the psu in the screen itself, the fault lies in the media box av3000e. I ve not found anyone who is able to fix it yet and on e bay they can fetch over £200.
    Does anyone know if the box can be by passed?

9. BigLozGadgetMad

BigLozGadgetMad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello guys, hope your still watching this thread, I have the same tv, from brand new with no problems so far, god I shouldn't have put those words on my tv... anyway, Clicking from your main box is the switch mode power transistors are down, the thing is if you have these units and are left on standby when not in use the electrolitic capasitors dry out and this is were the power supply fails.... so what you need to do if you cant change the caps on the power supply yourselves find a tv repair shop and they should be able to do this for you, for not a arm and a leg... as regards using the DVI connection on its own, NO!!!! this screen has to work with the media box other wise the screen is a dead duck... PS, I hope you guys know that this screen can also show HD using a HD Fury unit.. I have and I'm using a Technomate 6900 HD combo satellite reciever BBC HD looks the dogs!!! and Sony BDP300 blu-ray player dvd's in 1080p are fantastic, this tv is well worth repairing!!. Or give me a price and I may even buy a second one for repair just for my bed room!!.

Loz.:thumbsup:

10. chiholam

chiholam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI BigLozGadgetMad

My hitachi just showed this problem yesterday - 23 days after my 5 year JL warranty completed :-(.

Bought it at £3,300 just over 5 years ago, so £660 a year, or 2 a day!

Can you advise what I need to ask a TV repair shop to do? Most are asking £100+ to just inspect the thing; but hoping that if I simply ask them to 'do something' rather than full inspection it may be a more sensible price.

Any ideas what a 'reasonable' cost to repair would be?

11. grwhelan

grwhelan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, i found some solutions to this on repair helper: hitachi 42pd3000/av3000e it seems that the issue is resolved by changing a couple of components in the av3000e. you can conlcusively prove whether the fault is with the hitachi 3000 monitor or the av3000 box by simply getting a multi meter from maplin or other electronics shop and mesuring the pin 1 of the round synch connector. So if you look at the rear of teh av box with the cable out, set in DC mode and place your black meter probe on the metal chassis and then place the red probe into pin 1 of the round connector - that's the bottom pin to the left as you look from the rear. The votage range provided by Hitachi of a good av box is -9 to -10 volts. If you do not get this votage then the fault is in the AV box, otherwise if you get this voltage the the fault lies elsewhere (most likely the cable). Regarding the cable connector, it is fairly common that the round pins get bent when not handled with care, so examine your lead connectors and in case bent then use long nose pliers to straighten with care. Good luck glen