Hitachi 42PD3000 wobbling image

SLIM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
guys i got 28 days later on DVD and most of the time the Image was wobbling like a jelly around / on their faces.
whats going on anyone know what that maybe thanks

Laupd what the hell that got to do with this ??
pmsl

Well, I thought it was funny, laupd!!

Si

Slim

You tried turning Black Stretch Off and the Cinema mode off as well ?

I noticed the same "smearing" effect on some sequences. Dunno why - can only think it's related to the disc encoding. I have noticed this on a couple of "budget" b-movies, never on anything half-decent, so I've put it down as a "disc quality" issue. A good excuse to put on the Iron Maiden Rio concert - strictly for quality monitoring purposes . . . :)

thanks guys

This disk (R2) does the same on my 42PD3000, especially in the scence based in the flat. No amount of tweaking has solved this problem.

I've noticed the effect on several other disks, Donnie darko (R1) & Bourne Identity (R2) spring to mind.

What DVD palyers are you using?I have a Pioneer 747 connected via componat

Big AL

hi Big Al i got a plu2 dvd player connected via componat

pie-on-ear 656 via component

watched Donnie-D last week - picture was fine

I'll see if I can suss out which films I've spotted the prob on. Should have some spare time while waiting for the GP to start :D

guys just watched a film called Volcano High and i must say 1 no wobbling and ONE HELL OFF A KICK ASS FILM :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:
guys you nead to get it if you like that sort of thing

link to film

Slim,

28 days also produces lower quality image than other discs, noticed a slight wobble effect in the flat scene, but it is down to the disc and not the screen.

Stef

yer ok thanks m8

If the screen does move around a bit then it could be the screen saver moving the picture around a bit, it's in the features menu.

Rampage

Interesting Thought, but if this was the case wouldn't we see this sort of problem all the time?

Big Al

Originally posted by Rampage
If the screen does move around a bit then it could be the screen saver moving the picture around a bit, it's in the features menu.

I don't think the 42PD3000 has a screen saver mode does it (except the screen wipe)? Only the monitor versions (400e and 500e) and the new 5000 series seem have a screen saver.

42PD3000 does have a screen saver mode, it can be found within the features menu. From emory 3 modes are available.

I have set it at mode 1

Big Al

Originally posted by Big Al
42PD3000 does have a screen saver mode, it can be found within the features menu. From emory 3 modes are available.

I have set it at mode 1

Big Al

I really should learn to read manuals you know :)

from manual
Screen Saver
This feature moves the picture around the screen in small amounts, at set intervals, to reduce persistence. This is where stationary objects, such as screen logos, leave a slight image visible after they should have disappeared.

OPTION 1 = 20 minutes
OPTION 2 = 40 minutes
OPTION 3 = 60 minutes

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom