1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42pd3000 Tuner Box

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Arya, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Arya

Arya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tuner box for my Hitachi 42PD3000 makes a faint beeping noise when the set is switched off from the display. When the display is switched off using the standby button on the remote, the tuner box makes a faint, continuous and high pitch humming noise. You need to get close to the tuner box to hear these noises.

I've had the tuner box replaced based on a Hitachi engineer's diagnosis that an alternator?? was loose but the noises persist on the new tuner box also.

Other than that, everything is fine re. picture quality, sound, etc.

Anyone else notice the same and what the source for these noises might be? Is it worth worrying about? :confused:

2. Sunil

Sunil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always switch off using the standby button, and when I do so there are a couple of quite loud "clicks" from the screen and tuner box. I've never heard the humming noise you mentioned, but will check again tonight...

3. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    My AV box is completely silent in standby. The clicks appear to be power relays in the box. The box has to be disconnected from the mains to be powered down.