1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42pd3000 Tuner Box Problem.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pollywoggle, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    My plasma was one of the John Lewis Price match specials from a year ago and has been fantastic, no screenburn or snags of any kind despite heavy xbox use and it being treated like a normal TV.
    Just lately however an annoying problem has developed, if the plasma is turned off after watching a dvd or the xbox has been used, when it is switched on again the tuner box just clicks on and off without "waking" the screen up. The only way to get it all working is to wait several minutes untill it has clicked itself crazy and seems to reset itself or unplug everything and hope for the best.
    I have checked all plugs, cables etc to estabish that there are no loose connections.
    Have there been any reported problems with the tuner boxes on the pd423000?

2. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have the same screen, bought around the same time as you, from John Lewis.

Not had any trouble with it, so would think that a call to JL is in order, asking for an engineer to come out and have a look.

Niraj

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I have a 42PD5300 with the same box and have had no problems. However, I have seen someone else complaining about this fault in an earlier posting, so it could be a potential problem.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've had mine around 18 months now and mine did something like this once - the tuner would come out of standby but the panel wouldn't then the panel wouls come out of standby and the box went back into standby.

After about 30 seconds, the two got back in sync and the panel operated as normal. It hasn't happened since though.

John

5. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Thanks for replies, johndon, you describe exactly the problem I am having, seems to be happening more often now, guess I will have to get the engineer out.