1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD3000 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Paul97, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have had my new Plasma for nearly 4 weeks now, and although the picture is fine I am having a lot of trouble with a Lip sync problem, I have looked through some old forums for some help and advice but solutions members have found seem rather expensive. Can anyone help with any advice or a cheap alternative.

(Thanks for any reply's)

Paul:smashin:

2. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Paul,

On what material do you get the lip sync errors?

And into which inputs on the screen?

I have just installed my PMA500E with video board and have not noticed any sync errors on Sky+ channels at all as yet, and component DVD is perfect too.

Best regards David

3. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Oy you!

You can't have the latest screen and keep so quiet. We want a full review comparing it to the pma400e and the pd3000.

What's the dvi like? What's the scart like?

I'm caught in a quandry between the pma500e, the pma400e, the pd3000 and the new Fujitsu vma30.

All advice welcome...

4. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Galaxy
    I am watching digital Telly through a Nokia 221T Set top box which is connected to a RGB input on the Media box. Someone did tell me that because the 3000 has a media box the signal will lag behind a little, but the lip sync seems to vary from channel to channel. Also read in WVTV that a chap had the same problem as me and that Hitachi had a software upgrade to correct this problem. As we speak I am waiting for a reply from their local service engineer.
    If I had joined AV Forums earlier I would have gone for the 400e from RS.

Thanks for your reply and any help you can give.

5. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Paul,

I have read that thread too about the software upgrade, but I find it very hard to believe that a "media box" or whatever they call it this week will cause the delay, we have been building Tuners into TV ever since day one with no delay in the circuitry, I had a 37" Mitsubishi for 14 years that I have just replaced and if there was lip sync caused by "tuner" circuitry I would have seen it on that! No I think it is more likely the post processing of the signal in the screen itself rather than an external or add-on box.
    Could just be an inherent "feature" of the plasma process.
    From this I assume of course that the lip sync error is audio first and picture delay? If this is the case and it is not the broadcasters fault as some believe I do not see what can be done apart from speeding the processing up, which would require a complete redesign of the circuitry not just a software upgrade!

Deron,

I have only just got the screen installed a few days ago, all I can say is that it is the best picture for sharpness and detail I have seen, including all the demo's I have been to and shops visited.
    I am still "tweaking" to taste as I watch a more varied content.
    I have noticed a very slight colour banding when fast pans accross screen occur, but this is only on subtle tone gradations, and no one else here in the family ever spots it, but I am a professional photographer and real fussy about picture colour/contrast/sharpness etc. I see all sorts of things during films that get missed, some of those continuity staff should be shot! LOL
    I havent tried the DVI input as I have nothing that requires it yet, but the video board scart input direct from Sky+ is a cracking picture, very good indeed and a pleasent suprise considering some of the comments made about Sky quality through plasmas I have read in here previously.
    I have my Sony DVD player feeding component direct into the RBG analogue RGB computer input at present as I have not got around to making up the component leads as yest to feed to the component on the video board, but I must say that I am maybe a little suprised to find the quality of the component feed is not any better than the RGB from the Sky box at present, maybe it will be better through the compnent feeds on the video board instead of cheating through the 15HD computer input?
    I have a length of broadcast component cable here now but I have to change the end connectors to phono's from the BNC's, why on plasmas we can't have BNC's is a mystery to me, they give a far better connection, and have allways been the standard in the industry.
    To your original question, I had seen and auditioned the PMA400E before and was going for that model as I beleive to my taste it gave a better balance of attributes than most others, when the deal fell through, fortunately I stumbled accross a 500E for an amazing price, pure fluke so tore the chaps arms off in the rush!
    And with the video board included it really has got an amazing range of inputs and seems to be fairly future proof, if thats a phrase you can use in this area! LOL

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=93681&referrerid=7033

Check this thread out for the picture showing the board install.

Best regards David

6. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  7. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I forgot to mention, page 4..........

8. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Galaxy
    Thanks for your reply, would it have been more prudent for me to have bought the 400e model instead i.e. missing out the "Tuner box" and having a direct input into the screen itself.

9. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers for the reply.

Out of interest did it mention anything in the bumf about the dvi socketry being hdmi complient?

You may find it makes virtually no difference feeding the unit a progressive signal as it's an Alis panel. So it will convert the signal to interlaced.

A lot of people here with both the pd3000 and the pma400e who have tried progressive. Anyone with more info...?

10. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,
    I am not actually feeding a progressive signal as my Sony as far as I know doesnt support that output, I could be wrong as I havent used it for a few years now, allways been viewing DVD's through my HTPC and projector.
    But since installing the Plasma we have watched two films already via the Sony.....in two days! LOL
    Yes the "blurb" said the DVI was HDMI compatable and supports audio too, which I think makes it HDMI-2 the later standard.
    But as I said I have nothing to be able to check this out yet.

Best regards David