1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD3000 - PC input or scaler??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pacha, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Pacha

Pacha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Basically i want to improve the SKY pic quality on my plasma but am not sure how to approach this.
    1. Is there any benefit to be gained by getting a converter and runing my SKY signal into the PC input? Has anyone tried this?
    2. Has anyone experience of a scaler with this type of plasma? (Those that scorn ALIS panels please don't comment 'cos i've read it all before)
    3. Has anyone experience of using an RGB to Component converter with this type of plasma?

Any comments from real experiences would be very welcome 'cos i'm really not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance

Pacha

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Could you say what it is about the picture that you want to improve ?

If it's lacking in detail, you might be able to sharpen it, but this can cause problems in itself if overdone. One of the problems of having a bigger screen is that it highlights picture defects (or as a farmer would say "If you open the barn door wide enough, all the muck flies in") :zonked:

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I used to have a 42PD3000 (got a 5300 now) and I was quite impressed with the picture quality from my Sky+ box connected via RGB with a good quality shielded scart cable. The higher bit rate channels looked great. I guess that an external scaler may have imporved the picture but you then have possible issues with lip sync.

John