1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD3000 pc audio prob

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by G Funk, Aug 12, 2003.

1. G Funk

G Funk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there..

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their hitachi as I'm now on my 2nd tuner box with the same problem.

PC audio is connected from the pc into AV4 (component) as the manual recommends.

However no sound is heard from AV4 when the PC input is in use (with AV4 selected as PC audio source)

When AV3 is selected I get Sky sound..
    When AV4 is selected I only get sound if the PC audio is plugged into the front audio inputs.

So the only way to get pc sound to work is have 2 unsightly yellow cables plugged into the box at the front which does not look good!

My dealer is at a loss as to what it could be, and have asked me to call Hitachi (and they've already had an engineer to look at the last box). But I thought I would ask the highly knowledgable avforums crew before resorting to calling the big boys again.

If this can't be fixed I'll have to get a different model instead I think (as long as the dealer can honor this).

Weird problem though!

Matt

PS any device I connect the audio phonos to does not work eg. sky.