1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42pd3000 Noise interferance???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by marshy.dave, Oct 22, 2003.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I don't know if this is particular to my plamsa and my setup but when I switch across the AV inputs i.e AV1, AV2, AV3 etc... the black screen seems to have noise interference, I can only describe it as what looks like small purple dots on the black background. The only input that has no interference is the PC FULL input. This screen is just pure black

Can anyone explain why this is, or if they have experienced the same problem?

I have tried unplugging my kit one by one but to no effect.

Thanks,

Dave...

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    but can you see the interference when you have a source connected with a black screen - e.g. your dvd player in screen saver mode.

When I switch across channels with no source (AV1) I can see a wierd moire style pattern. as soon as a valid source is selected though this disappears and a black background (as screensaver) does appear black

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I switch my DVD player on and the Panasonic logo bounces round the screen I can still see the small purple dots on the screen.

Any thoughts

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Sorry - mine's nice and black (just checked) the only abvious thing to try is your picture setup my settings are contrast 40, brightness 45 colour 40 (I know you can't give accurate values just rough %age of the width of the bar) black stretch is set to low, film mode off (I don't think I changed anything else)

5. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My setting are very similar, contrast is lower and black stetch is off as i found that this made the brightness automatically adjust itself every few seconds.

I will have to unplug everything i guess and see what happens that way.

what cables r u using?????

6. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ixus component cables from DVD (about £60 ones don't know the code)
    QED Sqart from sky
    Bog standard aerial for analogue channels

that's all :)

One thing could be the connection between the media box and the screen - if your vga connection is loose on a pc you get some wierd effects.