1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD3000 - John Lewis delivery time?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mafioso, Nov 10, 2003.

1. mafioso

mafioso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After months of deliberation and reading endless threads, I've decided to opt for the Hitachi.
    The JL 3k price match and free 5yr warranty being the clincher.

Am keen to get this for Xmas, however, it sounds as if JL currently have a supply shortage of this particular 42" model with the waiting list ever increasing .

If I order it this weekend, will it be enough time for a delivery by Xmas?

Anyone still currently on JL's waiting list ?

Marco

2. MR2Harvey

MR2Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not sure about when you will get it from JL, surely they will be the best judge of that. If however you can't get it by Xmas then you might consider the Hitachi 42PMA400E from Richersounds as they are doing it for £2495 and a 3 year warrenty is just £199 which you get back after 3 years if you have not used it!!!

The 400E is the same plasma as the 42pd3000 exept it does not come with the speakers and media box. It does come with 2 VGA inputs 1 Component input 1 S video input and 1 Composite input.

It is also compatible with HD TV when we eventually get it.

Just thought you might be interested if JL can't get you the PD3000.

Cheers

Harvey

3. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mafioso,

Ask JL about the delivery times and they will be up front and honest with you.

I ordered mine on 13 Oct and it is arriving on wednesday. They had a problem with stock in the past and so weren't able to deliver for a long time, and said so.

Best is to go there or call them and ask about stock status. You can order the Hitachi over the phone(if you want) and ask them to price match the Cheadle branch for £3000. The warranty is a parts and labour one, and excludes accidental damage, which will mostly be covered under your home insurance policy(if you have accidental damage on contents)

Good luck

Niraj