Hitachi 42PD3000 - HDTV capable?

FAO Dave777,
Sometime ago I posted the following:-

"Has anyone out there got Sky HD linked up to a Hitachi 42PD3000 through the HDFury Gadget. I have read many articles on this board about hooking up Sky HD to the Hitachi, but not yet convinced it will work as I understand the Sky HD box outputs 50Hz and the Hitachi will only accept 60Hz (or vice versa). If I knew somebody has the above combo working I would be tempted to take the plunge."

I have never really had the question answered

I notice that amongst your impressive array of equipment you could provide the answer to my query, ie you have sky HD. If at all possible could you hook up the Sky HD to the Hitachi via the HDFury and let me know what happens.

Many thanx and Happy New year to all.

I have Sky HD hooked up to the PD3000 with RGTB scart and picture is fab on HD sources. I will experiment when HDfury arrives. I have ordered the new gamer edition all in one and is feeding thru my new Denon 4308 so a bit nervous.

Happy New Year

Dave

I do beleave that should handle 1080i no problem, these panels don't like 1080p it works fine but does have a ripple effect going down the screen but 1080i is just fine no problem

So i will need a HDDVD that has an output resolution of 1080i, not 1080p - Do some DVD's do both?

Now thinking of getting a HDTV for the bedroom:thumbsup: and share the new HDDVD between TV's (money is too tight to mention)

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all the advise

Just ordered the HDfury Gamer / ordered 3 Bluray films from Lovefilm and earmarked my Nephews PS3 - here's hoping :rolleyes:

Belch you don't have to worry about getting a HD DVD without a 1080p setting, these units are adjusterble in the video settings so you can pick 1080i, and also if your going to get a HDTV you might want to see what differance the picture is like on that one with 1080p going into it!!!. But just incase your not aware 1080p 24 is the newer up and coming setting added to DVD units for movies shot in this format ie: cinema true time image speed and quaility. so I'd be inclined to buy with 1080p in mind. the other thing is I don't really know the differance between the differant HDFURY's I bought the standard one, I guess thats just for dvd/sky HD I take it the gammer is for things like PS3/xbox 360... !! as long as you know what your using it for I guess you should be ok..

Happy new year to all and I wish you all more stuff with little blue lights on!!!

BigLoz:D

Hiya

The gamer is just a HDMI straight through to VGA in one single cable - that's it i hope :suicide:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80732

I am going to wait to see the score with the HDFury before I get a new TV - I've got the Toshiba 42Z3030D in mind tho - but not immediately. The Toshiba has 24fps with 5:5 pull down - a better spec that the new ZF Toshiba's (weird Toshiba)

How did your Blockbuster frenzy go?!

Just read up on the gamer HDFURY and hey maybe when I did my reaserch I should have looked a little deeper, thats a nice all in one cable, but then my Sony came with a free HDMI cable so I've done ok I think. Block busters did me great!! I've watched Night at the Museum and that was spectacularly clear and very stand out ish!! the only problem with that film is the audio is in 2.1DTS whats that about in this day and age? it got me wondering if i had a problem checking to see why I wasn't getting Dolby 5.1... but its a good movie... As new years day as taken over I will be watching a feast of movies this week......

BigLoz

Poggs I hear what your saying but after seeing what I have this afternoon I wont be selling my 42pd3000.... she's a beauty.........also I think for the price of a HDMI splitter one with remote control once I get my SKY HD which will not be for now I'll invest in one I know this is bumping up my spend but at least its in stages and its not 5 6 or ÂŁ700 pounds out right for a new HD panel.

I must agree with your assessment. A 37" sony LCD yeuch!!!! Of course your 42pd3000 is better that that pile of poo! In fact the 42pd3000e is better than 95% of LCD's currently for sale in the high street. THey are mostly piles of crap! I was refering to you spending money on a new plasma and getting better bang for your buck. however, your decision is made and I'm not going to say you are wrong as you are getting a picture that pleases you. enjoy.

I posted the first reply to this post back in 2005 - have to say guys, I flogged my 42PMA400E (very similar to the 42PD3000) a while after, and traded up to a Sony 46 inch 1080p set. Never looked back. It beats the Hitachi in so many areas. Sorry guys, but it's really no contest - no fan noise - better definition - better colour accuracy - much less heat output - better blacks - better connectivity.
Don't get me wrong though, I admire people on here getting the best from their Hitachi's.
Good on yer..!

I must agree with your assessment. A 37" sony LCD yeuch!!!! Of course your 42pd3000 is better that that pile of poo! In fact the 42pd3000e is better than 95% of LCD's currently for sale in the high street. THey are mostly piles of crap! I was refering to you spending money on a new plasma and getting better bang for your buck. however, your decision is made and I'm not going to say you are wrong as you are getting a picture that pleases you. enjoy.

I know you was poggs and all credit to ya for bringing your point up to.. but I got to tell you what I see on my screen for the price I love it...

I'm just glad that this thread was written and carried on by people like JH4 but again in what JH4 has wrote a 46 would be great but for me not a Sony as number one they don't do a plasma anymore so count me out there range I have plasma in my blood...lol.

If I didn't find this site a few weeks ago my PD3000 would have been up for sale as I was looking for a site that could get me a price on what these panels sale for 4 years on.... and what I came across was this site that helped me turn a 4/5 year old panel into todays HD unit... so hey happy days!!!! lol...:thumbsup:

BigLoz

Well the HDFury turned up so i got my mates PS3 and hooked it up tonight. I played Mission Impossible 3 SD on my usual DVD and MI3 on the PS3 at the same time and ......

I read somewhere that the industry should be ashamed that the jump from DVD to HD isn't as dramatic as VHS to DVD, which is fair enough but COME ON!

..... and the difference is just brilliant - I'm a little ****** off tbh because I feel the same way as i felt when DVD came out i.e. I'm not going to be able to watch video again and I was right - I've not played my SD DVD through the upscaler so I'm hoping it will improve them - - Please GOD don't make but again!

Anyways - - VERY happy with the set-up now - just need to get myself a optical lead for the sound!

Thanks to all for your help and assistance !

Belch great things have worked out, but are you still looking at changing your panel to a tosh? or are you gonna stick with old faithful?

BigLoz

I have a friend who wants to sell me a Vision FC4 for ÂŁ65 ! i've tried it on my 42pd3000 and it works great on an upscaled DVD at 1080i

Is it worth me buying that unit ? or pay an extra ÂŁ5 approx and get the HD fury ? is there any benefit in getting the HDfury ? bearing in mind i may be getting a PS3 at some stage soon (wife permitting) ;)

cheers

Toomey

I have a friend who wants to sell me a Vision FC4 for ÂŁ65 ! i've tried it on my 42pd3000 and it works great on an upscaled DVD at 1080i

Is it worth me buying that unit ? or pay an extra ÂŁ5 approx and get the HD fury ? is there any benefit in getting the HDfury ? bearing in mind i may be getting a PS3 at some stage soon (wife permitting) ;)

cheers

Toomey

Nice of your friend to offer you such a deal!!!, to what I've read, the FC4 has been around for atleast 3 years, hence older technology as I read it, as a HDFURY owner and knowing and seeing what I see on my 42PD3000 I'd say thanks but no thanks to your friend, and go for the HDFURY.

BigLoz

The HDFury is really too good to be true - honestly the images are outstanding
The only thing that is bothering me tonight is that the PS3 won't play my region 1 SD disks - so a bulk of my collection I'll have to watch on my normal dvd player (just disconnected the DVD player and banished it into the bedroom) - wonder if there is a mod? Or get a good upscaling multiregion DVD player and a HDMI switcher?

BigLoz - I'm definately NOT buying a Tosh - infact mooching around for a second hand 42" Hitachi :) or wait to see if Pioneer bring out a 1080p 42" Kuro! (Pioneer to replace the Hitachi / Hitachi to the bedroom)

Well this tread has gone on for quiet some time now and I think its drawing close to the end, we now know we can get HD though our oldie but goodie PD 3000 panels and I have to thank everyone involved in leaving info here in order for some one like me to revive my old faithful panel.:smashin:

But hold on!!!!

No one has yet left info on how the PD3000 looks with HDFury and SkyHD connected to it!!! if at all it does work!!! So as anyone got news on this or do I have to find out the hard way?:confused:

BigLoz

Hello everyone, as you can see i'm new to this site. I've been offered a pd 3000 for ÂŁ200 but unfortunatly the'rs no remote. I've seen one on the internet for ÂŁ55. Also there's no tuner box that people have mentioned, is this a necessity like the media box on my pioneer 50'' plasma. The PD 3000 would mainly be used by the kids with the xbox 360 so would i have to buy the HDfury to appreciate it.
Thanks.

Hello everyone, as you can see i'm new to this site. I've been offered a pd 3000 for ÂŁ200 but unfortunatly the'rs no remote. I've seen one on the internet for ÂŁ55. Also there's no tuner box that people have mentioned, is this a necessity like the media box on my pioneer 50'' plasma. The PD 3000 would mainly be used by the kids with the xbox 360 so would i have to buy the HDfury to appreciate it.
Thanks.

Hi paddy it's not just the remote you'd need, yes you would need the tuner box too, this unit will not work without the tuner box or (AV3000E) so really with out those two you should be getting the panel for a tenner, as it's worth only that with out the box. So until those part have been gotten for get the HDFURY.

BigLoz

No one has yet left info on how the PD3000 looks with HDFury and SkyHD connected to it!!!

Not sure anybody is out there - but I've just subscribed to Virgin+ - so I'll have very limited access to HD stuff - so I'll let you know how i got on in due course

Ta

I have got my HDfury now after major hassles with customs/parclforce. Works well with PS3, very slight flicker at 1080p, perfect at 1080i on the PD3000. Will not work thru my Denon 4308 amp, just get snow on screen. I belive they can fix this at HKmod who make it. I will try it straight from SkyHD as soon as I can and post the results.

Cheers

Dave

Hi everybody, i got my HDfury yesterday and tried to fit it to a 42pd3000. So lets start at the start! i hooked it up to the back off the 3000e box to the PC in conection then an addaptor for the hdmi cable and then into the skyhd box then went to my settings on sky to set it from 576 to 1080p or 1080i or 720i and it just kept setting it back to 576, i then tried it with the ps3 and could not even get a picture........so where am i going wrong lads...please help because my wife says no way to a new tv. Thanks.

To just use it on a SkyHD box, plug the HDMI straight into the Sky box and then the other end (VGA plg) into the plasmas controller. should work then. No PC invloved.

HTH

Dave

Hi everybody, i got my HDfury yesterday and tried to fit it to a 42pd3000. So lets start at the start! i hooked it up to the back off the 3000e box to the PC in conection then an addaptor for the hdmi cable and then into the skyhd box then went to my settings on sky to set it from 576 to 1080p or 1080i or 720i and it just kept setting it back to 576, i then tried it with the ps3 and could not even get a picture........so where am i going wrong lads...please help because my wife says no way to a new tv. Thanks.

jonathon41 like Dave777 said you should just just plug and play, but then I don't have SkyHD so I don't know what the out come will be. Hence why I was waiting for Dave777 to come back with the out come of his test. So as far as I can make out with the Sony BDP-S300 I have 1080i is perfect but 1080p flickers slightly. So as soon as you have a out come with the SkyHD let us know how it went.:smashin:

Thanks, lads but maybe you gat a bit mixed up i wasnt using a pc what i ment was the only conection on the 42pd3000 that the fury fits onto is my rgb or rg somthing which is the conection for a pc.. to recap my in conection says rg? pc in. which is a small conection with 2 screws is that the right place to put it?. And also i dont think now looking at the trouble shooting guide i was getting power to the HD fury so i am going to get a power supply for it today and see if that was the problem. But thanks and i will let yuo know if that was it.:rolleyes:

Hi

I have the same model of tv and have successfully connected the a3000e box (via the VGA Input) going through the HDFury(No power supply needed) into the HDMI Input on the Sony BDP-S300 at 1080p VERY successfully.I have watched several Blu-Ray movies (World Trade Center,The Departed) and "her indoors" was MOST impressed.I will be buying a PS3 in April (Birthday :clap:) and using the gaming facility.

Regards

Chegmasterfunk

Thanks, lads but maybe you gat a bit mixed up i wasnt using a pc what i ment was the only conection on the 42pd3000 that the fury fits onto is my rgb or rg somthing which is the conection for a pc.. to recap my in conection says rg? pc in. which is a small conection with 2 screws is that the right place to put it?. And also i dont think now looking at the trouble shooting guide i was getting power to the HD fury so i am going to get a power supply for it today and see if that was the problem. But thanks and i will let yuo know if that was it.:rolleyes:

Once again jonathon41 I know your talking about the VGA Pc socket on the rear of the AV3000E yes its the only socket to fit the HDfury to, and like chegmasterfunk says now power supply needed as long as you connect it with the short HDMI cable and is pluged into the VGA socket or with the cable supplied with the HDfury it should light up blue in the little window on it, depending which type of HDfury you have that is... but I can't understand why you can't seem to get it to work as it really is plug and play although maybe it's not compat with SkyHD!!! now that would be a bummer as I'm holding back while I'm waiting for you to come up with some info on what happens with yours.....Sorry mate but you seem to be the guinea pig!!!

BigLoz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom