1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD3000 and computer connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bossc@, May 28, 2003.

1. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Hi

Will be taking delivery of this next week and will be rerouting all my existing cabling over the weekend. I'm wanting to cable from my PC as well but am unsure as to the cable required. I've downloaded the product manual and that states that I should use a TP-RGBVG to connect from the PC to the tuner box. Have had a quick look around but cant find any refernces to this.

Has anyone connected theirs (stupid question I know!) and if so can you recommend a cable or possible place to get them from. I'm running DVI currently to an TFT screen and would need a cable of around 8-10 metres.:rolleyes:

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I think the tuner box that comes with the 42PD3000 has 2x "normal" 15 pin VGA sockets for monitor connection.

3. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    The AV box has one standard 15 pin d-sub analogue RGB connector ie a standard monitor connector point. A good quality RGB lead such as you would use for a data projector will work. The picture fed by my PC at 1024x768 was superb when I tried it.

The screen is connected to the box using a double lead one of whose connectors is the same as used by DVI, in another post someone quoted Hitachi as saying this connector is used in a non-standard way and cannot therefore accept a true DVI signal.

4. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Thanks for the replies guys. Now just need to source me a cable and I'll be ripping the room apart at the weekend:(

5. garreth64

garreth64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Only got my 42PD3000 on the weekend and set it up last night with my PC, picture quality is impressive. My Mrs sells AV equipment for a living and she said it was one of the best displays she's seen :)

Anyway, the point of the post is to say dont forget you will need an audio cable as well if you want sound to come out of the 42PD3000.