hitachi 42PD3000 and 1080i ?

robbster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi just a quick question

I read that the hitachi 42pd3000 will accept a 1080i signal. But I have tryed this setting from my imported xbox and the picture comes up all scrambled? I just wondered if anyone has tryed this screen and had success with 1080i?

Cheers guys

Rob

Thats interesting.

I have just been posting how theoretically the ALiS panels are the best for 1080i.

However, the 42PD3000 has a tuner box, could this be a limiting factor?

Hi,

According to this SPEC sheet, the 42PD3000 wont take a 1080i signal.

http://www.ivojo.co.uk/hitachi-42pd3000.htm

Actually, going by this it will take a standard PAL/NTSC progressive signal at most.

I do remember reading in HCC that the 42PD3000 is not compatible with HDTV, whereas the 42PMA400 is. 1080i is a HDTV signal.

thanks for the replys guys

Thought as much , anyone want to buy a 1 month old hitachi plasma lol

:eek:

Maybe it would work if there was a way to ditch the tuner box and connect another way. I'm sure the panels on the PMA400 and the 3000 must be the same.

Anyways, what are the chances of us ever getting hdtv anytime in the future :confused: Even D-Theatre looks like it's not gonna last long.

panels are the same - input is different. the PD3000 is a no bones about it consumer orientated product - It's a big flat telly which suits the majority for whom 1080i means nothing at all

Anyways, what are the chances of us ever getting hdtv anytime in the future Even D-Theatre looks like it's not gonna last long.

Mmmm .........

If you really want HDTV (Broadcast) you can get it from Astra as of Jan 2004. I dont personally want to watch broadcast TV in HD. Im not interested in a football match looking fantastic, or seeing all of the detail in some news studio.....

However, from a Home Theater perspective, rather Home Cinema perspective, Ill take as much HD as I can afford and use in my set up. Detailed Cinematic reproduction of content, as close as possible to that intended, is the reason I got into this Hobby.

Hence DTheater is on the shopping list (imminent).

As to its longetivity, who knows. I know that this time last year there were barely one or two titles available, and only one manufacturer, JVC, involved. One year on there are web sites shipping globally, take a look at www.dvhsmovieguide.com or www.dvdboxoffice.com, software being released all the time, also companies like Marantz now introducing DTheater players.

On the face of it doesnt look like going away in the short term and when it does, well Microsoft seem to think there is a future in HD and historically they seem to be fairly on the ball.

Originally posted by tbrar

On the face of it doesnt look like going away in the short term and when it does, well Microsoft seem to think there is a future in HD and historically they seem to be fairly on the ball.

"No-one will ever need more than 640KB of RAM" - Bill Gates.

How's that for on the ball? Remind me how much RAM Windows needs to run adequately these days? :)

No-one will ever need more than 640KB of RAM" - Bill Gates.

How's that for on the ball? Remind me how much RAM Windows needs to run adequately these days?

Remind me..... what version of Bill Gates operating system are you using ? ;)

the Microsoft WM9 looks promising, especially if dedicated players arrive. I'm guessing these will all connect with HDCP so it looks like my new hitachi 3000 is gonna need replacement in a couple of years. Maybe a small PC that uses a 15pin connector would work though.

gpedder,

Although I am trying to ensure I wont be affected, I am quite confident that, as with other copy protection systems, there will be away around the HDCP issue for non compliant equipment.

Perhaps by an external device ? - who knows. Lets be honest, theres probably teams of techies/hackers that are drawing up blue prints as we speak.

Originally posted by tbrar
Remind me..... what version of Bill Gates operating system are you using ? ;)

It's not my fault there aren't any other operating systems that run all the software I want and support all the hardware I use. :)

It's not my fault there aren't any other operating systems that run all the software I want and support all the hardware I use

Precisely....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom