1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42DP5200 black and white component input

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bonoman27, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bonoman27

Bonoman27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone can offer a little bit of help before I end up at the funny farm after trying to get my xbox to work in hi-def with my Sky SPDP4202 (which as i'm sure you all know is an Hitachi 5200 in drag)

I have purchased a component cable and when I originally hooked it up to the tv everything was ok, full colour picture. Went into the MS Xbox dash and enabled the high def options which had now appeared and rebooted. I normally have my xbox boot directly into media centre as my dash but this now results in the screen going haywire with loads of vertical lines across the centre of the screen and you cannot make out the image at all, you just know something is there. If I boot into the MS xbox dash (ftp in and change my default xboxdash.xbe) then I can at least see the dashboard however it is in black & white. I have tried a couple of games and I also get no colour in them and the image repeated on each side of the screen with a big black line down the middle.

Any help people can offer on this will be greatly appreciated

Best regards

Jon

2. nm10721

nm10721
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is your xbox modded, do you have the Enigmah switcher changed to NTSC? Black and white or green usually suggests an NTSC issue. High Def only works on NTSC Xbox's or modded pal ones.

What about reinstalling Slayers Evox?

3. Bonoman27

Bonoman27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

the box is modded, it is an NTSC by nature but the enigmah selector is installed and set to NTSC. The tv is set to auto but I have also tried setting it to PAL, SECAM and the two different types of NTSC all with no difference.

Plugging the S-Video lead back in results in a perfect picture again.

Will try reinstalling Slayer again and see if that helps

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

4. Bonoman27

Bonoman27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, tried reloading Slayers and that didn't seem to do anything. Also managed to get my hands on a dvd with component output as this gives the same problem, black and white picture, if I pull the green cable out then the mauve really kicks in but put the green back in and it's back to black and white.
    So I have at least worked out that it's not the xbox but the component inputs in general. Have tried the cables in both component inputs with the same result. When I change the channel it displays what input type is being used and it displays composite instead of component so may this is the problem, however I don't know how to change this though so any thoughts?

5. Bonoman27

Bonoman27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any thoughts anyone?

It's driving me mad as I am gagging to get my xbox working with high definition!!