Hitachi 42 PM 400 Plasma

forrestgump

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any tech heads got this model of Plasma? If so would appreciate some help. Hitachi, Richersounds or various other firms I have tried cannot offer me much help with trying to connect DVD, Freeview, LD and Sky all to the Plasma. Any one familiar with this model would know it has Component input for RGB as well as 2 D-Sub inputs for RGB but these 2 cannot be used for Home Cinema gear cos the composite input has also got to be used for a SYNC signal and there is only 1 of these.
How to connect them all so they all output RGB to the diaplay?
DVD is an Arcam DV88, Freeview is a Humax which has RGB output via 1 scart only, Sky box outputs RGB via scart and also has RGB loopthrough, tried connecting DVD through freeview then through digibox but freeview only has composite loopthrough not RGB. Audio not a problem as all gear is fed through amp for audio. Amp has 2 compnent inputs and 1 output?
Complicated for me, anyone solve this delimma me harties?

Hi forrestgump, I've got a 400E from RS but only have a freeview box and a Denon 3800 DVD player connected to it.
Firstly you can use the two D-subs in RGB or component mode. The only company I can find that does cables for this plasma is http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/ They can supply you with a scart to D-sub or component to D-sub cable for two of your components. You can also get a sarct to 4 phono, the 4 phono's are coloured and connect to the component and composite in on the plasma. You will have to link one of your items though something but you'll need better advice than I can give you on that.

ASH1:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom