1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42 Pdp5200 Owners [ Tech Help Needed]?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ninjaman, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My plasma has developed a fault with the component [AV1] video. The picture appears very dim and dull. I have always connected it to my ntsc us xbox through component with no problem at all. But recently the colour has become very dim. This cannot even be corrected with the basic settings the menus allow?

All other connectionsAV2, AV3, AV4, DVI, VGA work fine. DVD player or Xbox works fine when connected to different display or via scart etc.

Unfortunately, the item is just outside warranty period :suicide: .

Has anyone has a similar problem?

Is there anyway of accessing the service menus to recalibrate the component video [AV1] picture settings?

Do you think I would need a new terminal board and can I fit this myself?

:lease:

2. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ^^

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sounds very odd. Also, I thought component was AV4, sure it is on other 5200's I have dealings with? I think your media box is cooked, it may well be possible to get another perhaps at some 'subsidised' rate as this is premature failure by anyone's standards. This assumes you have tried another component device to the input BTW, and that the x-box is connected via component to the other display when you try it. Make certain of your facts before going to your retailer, not only will you look a berk if you have not done these checks, but it will delay everything.

4. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    5200 has no media box all the connections are on the rear.

Its got an inbuilt tuner and speakers on the sides though.

AV1 - component video (faulty: dim and dull colour)
    AV2 - componet video/ RGB
    AV3 - S-video/video out
    AV4 - RGB scart
    AV5- DVI
    AV6- VGA

I have check them independently so I know it is the plasma where the problem lies.

Can I buy the hitachi video board for this model like panasonic and install it myself?

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Beg your pardon, confusing it with the 5300 then! Possibly you can buy the video board, it's a separate component. The panel is the same on all the 5000's I believe, this bit is what makes them different. I could ask I suppose. One of my suppliers is a main Hitachi distributor. I don't hold out a lot of hope there though. I'd go back to your retailer, and tell them you expected your £2k TV to last longer than a year. You'd be within your rights.