Hitachi 42 7200 v Panasonic 42pv500

dadoeyes

Standard Member
Hi all

I have narrowed my plasma search down to the Hitachi 7200 or the Panasonic pv500 , but I cant decide, so any help for the final push would be great .

Thanks In Advance Davie :thumbsup:

camorra

Actually not many differences here IMHO with respect to picture quality.
There is also the Pio 436 in that league too, but a bit more expensive.....

The 7200 has the tantalising remote controlled swivel stand and its a couple
hundreds quids less....that is what i have at home and for me its still the
best value for money plasma around. :thumbsup:

Cheerz :hiya:

brownmg

Standard Member
I ended up with a Panasonic TH42PE50B if it's any help, after the usual dilemmas over plasma v LCD 32" v 42" etc. etc.
Pleased with my choice generally, but disappointed with output from PC to screen which should not really be an issue. (See other forums.)
Also I have since noted that some of the Panasonic LCD's and plasmas have a front drop down panel for video, audio, and even SD cards.
Now that would have been useful. If it is for you I hope you have considered.

camorra

If your aim is mainly output from PC then IMHO one should consider well an LCD of 37" :cool:

Again imho, HD plasmas give quite a good picture with PC sources.....I use quite often my 7200 with my PC and I have no complaints whatsoever. Depends also on the PC VGA card :)

Though the TH42PE50B is a standard resolution panel of 852 x 480.

Cheerz :hiya:

Dan L

You really need to see the two (together if possible) and make a choice yourself. Both have their own merits, for me it was the lower price tag and earlier release date that made my mind up.

MAW

Banned
Brownmg, did you actually TRY to find any more unsuitable plasma for use with a PC? 99% of TV plasmas are less than perfect, SD plasmas that don't take 1280/720 on VGA must be the least suitable. It's a good telly, no problem. Just you could have done better if you'd mentioned PCs to a half decent salesman.

brownmg

Standard Member
MAW said:
Brownmg, did you actually TRY to find any more unsuitable plasma for use with a PC? 99% of TV plasmas are less than perfect, SD plasmas that don't take 1280/720 on VGA must be the least suitable. It's a good telly, no problem. Just you could have done better if you'd mentioned PCs to a half decent salesman.
Problem was finding a half decent salesman. Perhaps the real solution would have been to find a half decent retailer.

azz

dadoeyes said:
Hi all

I have narrowed my plasma search down to the Hitachi 7200 or the Panasonic pv500 , but I cant decide, so any help for the final push would be great .

Thanks In Advance Davie :thumbsup:
I have a 42pd7200 very happy with it. Will admit though interlaced pic better than progressive even though progressive is supposedly the holy grail.

For this reason panny pq is likely to be slightly better but i found the pannel too ugly with its really wide border otherwise i would of bought the panny-i can not live with something else that ugly (only joking!)

If you want to use the pannels for a lot of pc work rather than movies then LCD is best.

azz

Trending threads

Top Bottom