1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 400e and xbox

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by victorrichards, Mar 15, 2003.

1. victorrichards

victorrichards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi , i'm a bit confused i just received my hitachi plasma and now i can't plug in my rgb xbox cable as it terminates in a scart plug, and the plasma unlike my tv has no scart socket :( also the plasma has no speakers so unless i use the old av cable i'm not sure how to get a decent picture and sound using the plasma with the xbox :(

I can use av and the hifi i have however the pic is not so good for playing dvd's on the xbox using just av . The plasma has every single connection under the sun but no good old scart sockets :(...i think i need some way to connect to the component sockets ?

will i have to buy a new dvd player or is there some kind of work around to get a good pic and sound from my xbox with my plasma?

thanks if anyone knows the answer to this been trying to work it out all day but i could not think of anyway. hehe should have prepared more before just getting the plasm just that i had my xbox converted to play all kinds of things and could not wait to play my divx on the big screen.

2. datanet

datanet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think your options in order are:-

1) X box with component output. I've seen these mentioned, but I think it may have had to be US X-box rather than just a special cable.
    2) You can use the two VGA inputs in RGB mode if you can get an appropriate X-box - VGA connector cable (this might be the best way if you can get the cable).
    3) RGB from the X-box to an RGB to component converter, such as http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/
    4) S-Video from X-box into 400.

Chris

3. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You need the High def pack. not sure if you can get one in the uk. bUT dvdboxoffice.com have them as do many other Canada/US sites. Free delivery and less than £20. cheers

4. victorrichards

victorrichards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies that's great ...gonna look into both these solutions

cheers:)