1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 37PD5300

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Shepski, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spotted this in currys today and got them to play some dvds on it and then compared it on the new panny 37" and I prefer the hitachi. Thing is, currys are not the cheapest and its not even on there website yet but I am struggling to find anymore info out on it. Has anyone got one of these or can provide some links to other etailors who do this model?

thanks

2. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the hitachi website. Even the manuals are posted. As per price, I was looking at the 37PD5200, which Curry's had at £2999. Dixons were £2699 and Dixons online at £2399. Tried John Lewis, no 37" panels. Im sure there are even cheaper places, but I think, having done some asking around with using it in my setup, (HDMI & external scaling), I'll probably remove the unit from my shortlist.

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  4. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I dont think Hitachi do a 37PD5300.

Its not on there website anyway.

5. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    don't think leconcepts stock it yet - they've advertised it since hitachi brought out the 32 and 42. So far only dixons and currys have started selling the 37". btw it is the 5200 not the 5300 as someone said above

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It's showing as £2599 on their site, nothing about pre order.

Why are the 37in ones as dear or dearer than the 42in?

7. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ended up ordering the 42" version after I was told from a few independants that the 37pd5200 was only being sold to dixons and currys. Hitachi had some deal to only supply those two companies with it which worried me too much to risk buying it. If you do want one from currys, have a search around t'internet for the code that gives 7.5% off making it around £2250 inc delivery, ended up paying £2334 inc next day delivery from cromptonandmoore :)