1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 37PD5200???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by aarono, Sep 21, 2004.

1. aarono

aarono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am new to the whole plasma thing and am looking at buying the Hitachi 37PD5200. Anyone have any opinions on this TV. Im going for 37" as my living room is quite small. Also I play Xbox and PS2 - will the PQ be good on this set?

Thanks in advance.

2. aarono

aarono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone????

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Do they do a 37" or is this the one only comet or someone do?!?

4. aarono

aarono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its the one Currys do.

5. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's exactly same as 42" version which you may want to do a search on in the forum to hear from those who own one. I was tempted by this but put off by the very poor picture in my local Dixons (and I did play with the settings). I worry that this set may degrade over time?

6. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's good with a good quality feed, but can look bad with poorer signals. The built in tuner is an anologe only and not very good.
    The other problems I have noticed with this set is pixelating on fast movements and having a poor gray scale with shows lots of banding in dark scenes.
    Have you not looked at the 37" Panasonic viera, you can get them for under £2000 now and they are very good.

7. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Hitachi is probably more future proof (better connections and resolutions), possibly better for PC input, and less bulky. However the picture of the Viera is more vibrant, the screen design more impressive, has Digital TV built in and more Scarts.

It is a tough decision. The poor picture in Dixons I mention was from running DVD, but off a shared Scart connection. Also the set had been there for 6 months or so.

8. aarono

aarono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers ppl,

I ended up getting the Pana Viera 42" for £2499. Was £3699 in Currys but they price matched it to £2499. Im delighted as that was what I was going to pay for the 37" Hitachi. Cant wait to get it!!