Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hitachi 37PD5200 v VIERA question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Teague77, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Teague77

Teague77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking buying 37" plasma 37PD5200 or the VIERA my question is about the 37PD5200 PQ
    my main source feed for the plasma would be from a htpc DVI
    If video processing is done by the htpc scalling noise reduction etc
    would this remove the problems of the 37PD5200 picture processing

2. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I do not have picture problems with my 37PD5200.

3. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same dilemma. Thing to note is that the Pana Viera's do NOT have a DVI input. Otherwise I'd have already gone for the Viera TH-37PA30... :(

I'm almost ready to go do some testing on a 42PD5200 thru DVI (I'll bring along my new Powerbook w/ DVI output for that), in a sort of desperate attempt to convince myself that these PD5200s (they don't have a 37" for demo) ain't that bad after all... I'll eventually keep you posted if you're interested.

What I _really_ want is a 37" Pana with DVI. What I might be forced into is a 37" Hitachi. Because the Viera's don't have DVI, because I can't find the PW6/PW7s here, because it's been months of searching and comparing and analyzing and... and enough is enough.

God I'm hating this!!

P.S. Sent an e-mail to AV-Sales on Friday to see if they sell/ship to Continental Europe (for a PW7)... hope to get an answer soon!

4. massyuk

massyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    really you should look at 37PW7 and Hitachi for DVi use...... personally the only time i think Hitachi look good is from a PC! Veira is a TV not a monitor Hitachi is a monitor pretending to be a TV. other option would be a 37" Sharp LCD.... GD1E has DVi inputs and much better reolution for PC use while still a decent IDTV.......