1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 37LD6600

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Fenris, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Fenris

Fenris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just read on a Dutch HIFI site (www.hifi.nl) that Hitachi is about or already released a new 37" LCD TV (model 37LD6600).

On the press release they did not state any specifications about this new panel, but if it is similar to their existing 32LD7200 model I'm sure it's going to be a winner.

If you have any more details about this new model, please share it in this thread.

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Isn't that a plasma screen?

3. Fenris

Fenris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Berlin, IFA 2005 - To compliment its flagship Picture Master range of high performance plasma and LCD TVs, Hitachi is launching a new range of HD-Ready flat screen TVs. The first of the new HD-Ready 6600 series flat screen TVs, the 42PD6600 42-inch plasma television and the 37LD6600 37-inch LCD television, will be launched and shown for the first time at IFA 2005.

4. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hitachi plasma screens have 'PD' in the model no., 'LD' for LCD.

eg. 42PD7200 plasma, 32LD7200 lcd.

5. magicmonkey

magicmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spotted references to this as well on Hitachi's consumer site. Maybe this explains the shortage of the 32DP7200... they're doing a different product roll out...

37 would be perfect... As long as they can hit a £1600-1800 price range... Given the 32 seems to be listed between 1250 and 1350 on most sites, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Any sign of any magazine soffering reviews on the set?

6. bbdivo

bbdivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  7. bbdivo

bbdivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  8. tugboatbill

tugboatbill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that bbdivo, I was trying to find a pic to see how it compared to the new Samsung 40", it is good that they have positioned the speakers underneath the set as in the Samsung - also interesting is the use of 3d sound, hopefully eliminating some of the clutter in my lounge from the 6 speakers on my Pioneer dvd. Now my choice is between this, the new Sammy (which has just picked up EISA 2005/6 awards) and the new Toshiba with it's lovely stand.

9. Wilt

Wilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Any more info on this TV? Supposed to be out in Sept?

10. Wilt

Wilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
  11. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at the tech spec and it looks mint. I may return my 32LD7200 when it arrives on Saturday and pay the extra £100, depends how long it takes Empire to get stock.

Noticed it comes with a wall mount too.

12. jibberjabber

jibberjabber
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. Wilt

Wilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Phoned them, and they said it was correct. Due mid Nov. Might get this one after seeing it working.

14. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mate has this on order from Empire

The price is correct !

:thumbsup:

Kev

15. Chunder

Chunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all - been lurking (and absorbing lots of info from...) here for a while now after being directed in this direction by a colleague.

I originally started looking at LCD TVs after hearing about the Crown 32" in Woolworths; it looked OK (to an untutored eye!) but didn't have all the necessary connections that I need: XBox, Gamecube, Mac mini; let alone any future-proofing. My colleague also pointed out that unless I got something with a decent resolution, using it as a computer monitor would be rather unpleasant...

So I came here - and rapidly went through the Videoseven that was at Amazon (except they wouldn't deliver here...), and subsequently on to others such as Hitachi and Panasonic... needless to say, I'm now well away from the original £600 of the Crown :)

I've been deliberating over the Hitachi 37LD6600 being discussed here - it's bigger than the 32LD7200 and slightly cheaper, yet only appears to be missing one scart and the "picture master" thing.

Unfortunately Empire Direct won't have them in stock for another 2-3 weeks, and nobody else seems to stock them at all! A quick Google came up with Weymouth Hi-Fi as the only other retailer who lists them - but again, they don't have it in stock. There's also a serious dearth of reviews.

Is this model so new that it isn't readily available - to buy or review? Has anyone actually seen one "in the flesh", so to speak??

My understanding is that I will be able to connect the Gamecube up via scart, the XBox using one of these, and then the Mac mini using a DVI-HDMI conversion cable.

This is going to be my "entertainment room" TV, so won't be used for general TV/Sky/Freeview, etc. (that one will be an investigation for another day!!) - have I missed any tricks anywhere? Can anyone think why this set may not be suitable?

I'm sorely tempted just to throw down the money for it, as I'm fed up of digging around looking at different spec sheets... but it's probably sensible to check with the folks in the know!

Ta v. much in advance!
    /fingers crossed...

16. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in a similar position, my 32LD7200 comes tomorrow and I hope by then someone will have reviewed the 37LD6600.

If he picture is as good, I will be returning my 32LD7200 to the store and ordering the 37".

I am not bothered by the 1 less scart, but am concerned about the picture quality.

I hope someone on the forum gets one within 28 days, as that is my cut off point.

17. ScouserInEM

ScouserInEM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found them in London at this link
    http://live.astutemerchant.com/catalogues/browse_categories.asp?CatalogueID=176&CategoryID=2045

Fancy one of these myself but holding off until I can see one in the flesh. Very interested to know how it performs with freeview. Otherwise I may run out of patience and head for a JVC LT-37DS6. (Incidentally, anyone know how that looks with Freeview? There are plenty of reviews for the 32" version but I suspect they are not valid for the bigger size as the screen may be different.)

18. Mark S

Mark S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine for £1129 + £30 p&p from Empire Direct!(& free Camera)!!!(telephone order)
    Hitachi's specification and reputation has got to be worth that surely!
    I seemed to be spending too much time deliberating so iv'e "stuck my neck-out" on this one.

19. ScouserInEM

ScouserInEM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm nearly at that point. So what's it like? How about posting a review?

20. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh well, my 32LD7200 has turned up, and, TBH, the 37LD6600 is gonna have to go some to beat it. I have only connected up my stuff so far with Scart, until my 360 turns up and it all looks fantastic.

Sky+ looked awful until I switched over to RGB and the difference is stunning.

Battlestar Gallactica (the new series) on DVD also looks spanking on the set. Plus the added fact that I can rotate the screen if I am on my own and sitting to the side makes it a pretty much perfect buy.

Haven't noticed any buzzing at all. It would be interesting if any of you new owners could give some feedback soon.

21. J.Glen

J.Glen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you expect the 376600 to beat the 327200??The 327200 is clearly the more advanced model,the 6600 models looks more like the new budget range of Hitachi something like the Sony Bravias.Less connectivity options and no picture master???

22. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I am not too bothered about the connectivity - I will be hooking up a DVD player (via RGB), Sky HD (when it's out via HDMI) and the Xbox 360 (via component), so either set will fulfill those needs.

Yep, my current set has Picture Master, and the quality is fantastic, far better than many people led me to believe (after reading reviews and this forum, though I am not an expert it looks great to me).

However, if the 6600 has a picture as good, and 5" more screen size for around the same price, it would appear to be a bargain. Which is why it would be great if someone reviewed the screen soon.

TBH, unless the picture is as good, I will be keeping the 7200, as the whole family are happy with it.

23. ricki1980

ricki1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    The 37LD6600 is comparable with the 42PD6600 a stripped down 42PD7200 without Picture Master - Motorised Stand and generally a cheaper build ( Alot more plastic ) with non removable speakers etc.

I guess it weighing up and extra 5 inches or the higher spec model, now if the did a 37LD7200 that would be something...

24. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess my question is, does the Picture Master make that much difference?

25. ricki1980

ricki1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    With NTL or SKY it makes a hugh difference really going quite away to ensure the low bit rates and over compression used does'nt effect the image quality as much, DVD's and HD clips using PC's not so much of a difference - my bro bought the 42PD6600 and is very happy with it.

Suggest going to Currys or somewhere big like that and force the staff to let you try them out.

26. Mattw

Mattw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about ordering one of these from Empire Direct. I heard that this come with a free wall bracket from them?

I will be just hooking up Sky+, DVD and PS2. Are there suitable connections for these?

27. Mark S

Mark S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsdow Product recall from Empire suppliers mid Jan i'm afraid

28. Mattw

Mattw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been notified of that.....thought it was fishy as Empire deleted it from their website last week.

I feel a re-think coming on!!!!!!