1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 37" Plasma at Currys

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Chavvychase, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys have the above on sale at £1495, knocked down by £800. I forgot to get the model number. It is a TV, not just the plasam and also comes with stand and speakers, I think. I tihkn this is a genuine knock down, as I think i remember seeing on sale recently at about £2200.

Does anyone know if this is any good? I notice it only has one scart socket. I think it is HDTV ready, but again am not all that sure.

I asked the salesman at Currys today (He looked like a teenager doing a weekend job) but he didn't have a clue about it.

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    You can get a better plasma for less money, there seems to be a favourite at the moment with speakers etc. built in, it is a LG. Read this link for more info, don't rush in..

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204974

You can get the 42" from John Lewis (they deliver) with a 5 year guarantee (worth a few hunder quid) for £1299

Don't touch Currys, Comet etc. they are expensive and will sell you an expensive warranty.

3. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not a bad price for the Hitachi 37pd5200..noticed this todayat Currys.

So do the clever thing with the warranty. Take the max cover as long as they discount the telly further. Then cancel warranty when you get home. And save loads of money.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    They're probably offloading their stocks in preparation for the new model.