1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32WF81ON

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by starsky, Nov 8, 2001.

1. starsky

starsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this TV advertised by People Co on QXL for around £800 and it says they normally retail at £1300. Has anyone dealt with this company before. I am a bit wary of buying over the internet. The ratings on the auction site are very favourable but maybe they don't post the bad ratings. Is this TV any good. I am a bit green when it comes to new Widescreen technology. Can exisiting owners let me know how they rate the performance of said TV. Also I've heard about problems when recording & playing back a video on 100HZ tvs. I have a Ferguson video about 8 yrs old.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I bought this very same model from a TVs Direct auction on QXL about two months ago and I would say I got a good deal, maybe I have one gripe but read on for that info. I was a bit 'Gung Ho' to start with and did not realise that once you place a bid you are stuck.. you can't change your mind, so beware!

I ended up paying £650.00 for the TV with stand and it arrived in good shape, it didn't arrive on the day expected and I was a bit annoyed but, it did get here a day or so later - in fairness it was more the fault of the shipping company than TVs Direct. I surfed the NET looking for reviews and appraisals and I think this TV lives up to its reputation. The picture quality is terrific and it has plenty of good features. However, unlike some Panasonic TVs it does NOT have geometric adjustments for the picture and I am left with slightly distorted horizontal image borders during widescreen broadcasts.. the problem is only minor and I am living with it, TVs Direct technical support crew told me it normal to have some curves in these lines. You would need to make your own judgement on this obviously.

All in all, I would say QXL is a safe bet.. Like you, I was a little nervous but I watched and took note to see if my trader was still running auctions after my bid was closed. They were and I thought that was a good sign. I guess it was a leap of faith and you'll have to do the same. I think it was worth it and I paid a significantly lower price than I would have paid on the highstreet.

We love our new TV.