1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32PD5200 v's Panny PWD6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by freddyuk, Jan 2, 2005.

1. freddyuk

freddyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Went to Curries and Comet yesterday to compare LCD against Plasma to convince the missus we needed one. I had decided on PWD6 as that was the favourite on the site but the 42" would be too big for the room and anyway there were no Panny PW6 to see but the Hitachi was in and was stunning!! Looks good and had the best PQ out of about a dozen on display.
    Priced at £1700 but no stand though.
    Checked with AV Sales who have it for £2000 including free mobile DVD player (worth £200) or RS who have it for £1599.
    Not sure if that includes a stand but seems well priced.
    Looks like i will be calling into RS on Tuesday and see if i can get a deal on stand and cables. Unless someone tells me different of course?Cheers

Freddy

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Go with the one that look best to your eyes (I've got a 42" Hitachi but agree with most on here that the Panny looks great as well).

I'd try to get a look at both with the same source and see which one looks best then and make sure you see them both running 'normal' material as opposed computer animated films which can make any plasma look great.

HTH

John

3. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go for the hitachi i havent stoped smiling since i got mine and the pq just gets better and better the longer it runs its worth giving a euronics center a call for prices they were the chepest i found about £500 cheaper than comet or curryes and the one i use ( upfields in bishops waltham hampshire ) there service is brilliant

4. Macleanrd

Macleanrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have a pw6 and the picture is excellent, got a friend who has the hitachi and thats just as good

5. Fishfinger

Fishfinger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    freddyuk, the Hitachi PD5200's come with a nice rotating stand and <detachable> speakers included in the price, they're normally NOT optional.

Are you sure the one you saw had no stand for the price??

7. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would recommend buying the Hitachi pd5200 from Discount electrical uk(if they are stocked) as they come with a nice AV floor stand worth ,i think, 300 hundred quid.

You get this plus the rotating stand/speakers/free delivery for i think 1439.

Sell the AV floor stand on ebay for 100 if not needed and you have a bargain

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if you are SET on the 32" Hitachi Go for it, but very unrealistic to compare a 42" and 32" from same distance as 32" will always look crisper also Currys etc often have less than ideal demo conditions (was in powerhouse and every screen looked useless PIO PAnny looked just like Daewoo and Hynundai)

9. freddyuk

freddyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can someone please confirm that i can connect up my Sky box and Media centre to this panel? I need scart for the sky+ box and S-Video for the media centre plus audio RCA connections.
    Do i need any extra magic boxes or is this a simple connect up?

Thanks

Freddy

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for the panny you have loads of choice........scart board for sky and video board (S-video and composite shared) for media centre or JS RGB>VGA for sky and video board for media centre

11. RB5 Paul

RB5 Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've just bought a 32pd5200 and you can connect everything that you've got no probs,the pq is excellent as well and it's got dvi input which is hdcp compliant for if you go onto high def in the future

12. smirf

smirf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Hitachi 32pd5200 about a month ago. The picture seems to still be improving as time goes on, so absolutely stoked by it. Can't comment on the Panny though.

One of the reasons I went for the Hitachi is that the speakers are detachable, or more like never attached! As I run all through my amp, they are redundant. As a result though, the set has a lovely clean shape to it.

Mine came with a rotating stand in the price - £1,450

All in all, more than happy with.