• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 32PD5200 - Green colour cast using DVI cable

J

JulianWiddows

I'm new to this forum, so firstly 'Hi all'. I was wondering whether anyone could offer an insight into the following problem. I have a Hitachi 32PD5200 screen and a Denon dvd 2910 player. I've connected these with the Wireworld Ultraviolet DVI to DVI cable, but the picture takes on a distinct and strong green tinge when usng this connection. Using a bog standard SCART connection the picture is fine - using QED components the picture is better - but using the Ultraviolet the whole image is tainted green. Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance.

limbk

Standard Member
JulianWiddows said:
I'm new to this forum, so firstly 'Hi all'. I was wondering whether anyone could offer an insight into the following problem. I have a Hitachi 32PD5200 screen and a Denon dvd 2910 player. I've connected these with the Wireworld Ultraviolet DVI to DVI cable, but the picture takes on a distinct and strong green tinge when usng this connection. Using a bog standard SCART connection the picture is fine - using QED components the picture is better - but using the Ultraviolet the whole image is tainted green. Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. Bought my 2910 yesterday and hooked via DVI to my Hitachi 42pd5200 and like you I notice that the picture has a green tinge. Quite noticeable. Not only that, the picture is quite dark too. On component, the picture looks great no such green tint.

It is not the plasma. Someone in the forum had the same problem with another screen with the 2910. What I did was to adjust the Hitachi picture settings (RGB settings) to cut of the greenish tinge. Does help, but it is quite dissappointing given that I bought the 2910 for the DVI connection. Mind you the picture is amazing over component.

Anyone with any ideas how to overcome this?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom