1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 32pd3000e "lockup"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wilber, Aug 27, 2003.

1. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    My Hitachi, has a couple of times stopped responding to the remote control. First time it was accompanied by the tv turning itself off then on & the green/red light on the tuner box showing both colours simultaneously (sort of pale brown). After switching off at the mains & back on again control was returned after about 15 mins.

I have asked for an engineer to come and have a look, but has anyone else had a similar problem?

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Engineer has just called - never seen an issue like this, bouncing the problem to Hitachi - he thinks it's a new unit

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hitachi rang to say they no of no issues that should cause this, so they are going to replace the panel & the tuner box. Nice people even offered to deliver the new one on a Saturday.

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Okay got to the bottom of this in the end (including replacement plasma screen & box) - It's a cable problem! If the communication between the box and the screen is dodgy you will get an orange flashing light on the tuner box. this may be accompanied by the screen resetting itself & the remote no longer working.

When the engineers brought the replacement unit, they used the original cables (saved a fair bit of bother at the time) - unfortunately this left me with the same fault. Got a new cable a couple of days ago and voila no more lockups. Bit of an expensive operation for Hitachi & a fag for me as I had to go through the pain of resetting the thing again.