1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32PD3000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 3george, Jan 2, 2004.

1. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First post and hopefully somebody will be able to help with an answer to simple question about the above.

I'm planning to site the Hitachi media box in an enclosed cupboard below the panel itself - will it still be possible to use the remote or is the IR reciever located on the front of the panel.

PS - Also trying to get JL to price match £2149.00 from Crampton and Moore, any better prices out there anyone aware of ??

Thanks -

3george.

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    The IR receiver is on the Plasma panel. The AV box can be mounted in an enclosed cabinet horizontally or vertically (with an additional stand).

3. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many Thanks Jeff - Does anybody happen to know where I can see this product in the flesh (Milton Keynes area or otherwise )

4. bradl1

bradl1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was up at JL in Milton Keynes just before Xmas & they had the Hitachi 32PD3000 on demo in the sound & vision room at the back of the TV/Hifi Dept.

It was a veiwing of this model that finally persuaded me to go for it & invest in a Plasma - I opted for the 42" version in the end though.

It might be worth you ringing them first though to see if it is still there ??

5. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    3george

Its a great Plasma. Ive had mine since May, after viewing every plasma available at that time. Since then its exceeded my expectations. From all the comments about Plasma not being as good as CRT displays, I expected to have to make some compromises. However, although some aspects of the picture may may not measure as well as a CRT, the overall perceived picture quality is far better than any other type of display I have seen. The ALIS diplay delivers a highy detailed and absolutely rock-solid picture without any flicker whatsover, even with still images from a digital SLR. Everyone remarks that the picture is like a photograph, rather than a TV. It does benefit from the highest quality input.

I purchased mine from TV & Video Direct http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/section.php?xSec=32.

Looking at their website, they currently have it for £2099.99. They deivered mine the next day using their own transport. Any repairs (which I have not needed!) are arranged by TV & Video Direct with a local Hitatchi service agent.

Good viewing, you will not be dissapointed.

6. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info JefUK - I'm fairly happy given the comments I have read about this model - just would like to see it in the flesh, so a trip to JL or otherwise to have a look.

I'm trying to get them to do a price match of £2149 which will give me the 5 year warranty - for peace of mind more than anything.

Out of interest - how have you handled the connections to this set - have you used the component feed to get a good PQ or is the SCART acceptable. I have a DVD Player and Sky Box to connect neither of which can output component AFAIK.

Thanks - 3george.

7. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I have not yet tried the component inputs - I use RGB on 2 scarts, and composite on the 3rd.

Others have said that with the Hitachi the RGB scarts are better than using Component inputs. Certainly the picture quality is fine on Scart RGB.

In a few days I shall have a Philips DVDR80 with component outputs - I shall then test to see if these are better.

8. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use RGB scart connections on 42" version and picture quality is excellent.

9. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been confirmed that JL Milton Keynes have price matched the Crampton and Moore price for the 32PD3000 of £2149 inc JL's standard 5 year warranty.

Looks like my decision has been made.

Thanks

3george

10. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    With the IR receiver being on the plasma, does this apply to all plasma's with separate tuner boxes?
    This has been the thing which has been putting me off the hitachi as I do not have room for a separate tuner box but if I can just tuck it away somewhere then that changes things.

11. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    The IR sensor is on the plasma display on all Hitachi 3000 series, I don't know whether this applies to other brands.

The standard leads from the AV box to the display are about 2m (from memory), but a longer one is available.