Hitachi 32LD7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by alireza1, Aug 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. alireza1

alireza1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - sorry if this is really basic but I am a novice..

I have just bought the above TV and would like some hints to improve both the picture and sound quality.

At the moment I have a scart lead running directly from my NTL set-top box into the TV. I also have a scart deal running directly from my Sony DVD player into the TV.

My VCR (Phillips) is connected to the NTL set-top box.

There are no other bits of kit eg. a tuner, speakers (other than the ones I have attached to the TV) and the picture and sound quality are good but I am convinced they can be better.

What extra bits of kit, special cables etc. can I buy to get that extra improvement in picture and sound and how do I connect them ?

Thanks

2. daxie

daxie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From the dvd player you could get a hdmi or dvi cable, or component, depending on what your dvd player is capable off.

If it's just a regular dvd player (no upscaling or so), than RGB scart will be your choice.

For the set top box, again, depends on the connection:

Preferred:

1) HDMI or DVI
    2) component
    3) scart RGB
    4) scart s-video
    5) composite.

also check the specific thread for the settings lordpeewee posted which should improve your set too.

3. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you're using fully wired Scart cables (RGB compatible ones) and ensure that your Sky box is set to RGB.

Also, remember that only 2 of the Scart sockets on the TV are RGB enabled (AV2 and 3 I believe).

Check your dvd player to see if it's got 3 connectors that are red, green and blue; if you have that, you can connect your DVD player up using component cables, with potentially progressive scan. :thumbsup:

Ben

4. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st. Get DVE (digital video essentials).
    2nd. Try different cables