1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32ld7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by s1mmo, May 13, 2005.

1. s1mmo

s1mmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok as a complete novice I need some advice..

I can comfortably fit a 32" LCD in my living room, but could fit the 42" plasma version at a push. Does anyone know what the difference in picture quality is if any ? as I cannot find a shop that has either set-up!
    I was swaying towards a plasma as I was under the impression the picture quality was sharper and brighter, is this true ??

I particulary like the 32ld7200 as it looks good (based on seeing previous models) and the detachable speakers is a nice touch- seeing as we all have dedicated speaker systems anyway!!

other than that, is there an alternative to the 32ld7200 ???

2. handsome devil

handsome devil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tv&VIDEO direct in bolton have them set up next to each other when i went in they told me all there sets have only analouge reception and imo the lcd was by far the better tv not only was it better than the plasma but to me it was the best pic in the place so must be good with a decent feed and after months of searching bit the bullet and ordered 1 last sat will take del this week stocks arrive monday

3. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Handsome Devil thats good to hear... could you let us know how you get on when your 7200 arrives?

4. s1mmo

s1mmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool thanks for that...now time for me to bite the bullet!!

anyone know where to get the best deals/shops doing pricematching ??

cheers

5. Terry0982

Terry0982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also expecting my 7200 to arrive next week. Can't wait!!!

6. JaneFletcher

JaneFletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my 32LD7200 and so far so good. This was an upgrade from an old 28" Sony 4:3 so its quite different from what I am used to. Here are my first impressions (for those who are interested).

1. When switched off, it looks the business ! Size wise, its not 'imposing' like 42" plasmas and I find that I can watch a normal TV program without feeling like I have just watched a movie ! To me a 42" screen would be great in a seperate room just for watching movies, but for everyday use, I think the 32" is a cracking size (definately no smaller though).

2. SKY+ RGB feed is good. Sometimes (depending on station etc) it can look quite pixelated when up close, but for the most part its good. The standard ariel feed is 'reasonable' but I wouldnt settle for it to be honest. For some reason, the picture seems to be much better 'at night' when the lights are off. It seems to be more 'vivid' and 3d like than the old Sony was.

3. Chipped XBOX running through it (converted to NTSC so I can run the Component HD pack) is simply stunning ! The XBMC software supports 1080i and 720p and it looks incredible. You can run your photo's through it and even some HD content (although the proc isnt up to it). I tried the 'Madagascar Divx preview' and although there is some jerking halfway through, it really shows the TV off to its max. It is absolutely incredible.

4. The motorised stand, although looks flashy, is in fact very useful. When my wife gets stuck with nipper on a chair away from the TV, she can simply swivel it towards her. It seems to work really well (you then get the full benefit on the speakers).

5. The speakers sound great in my opinion. They sound so good in fact, that I dont even bother switching my external Marantz amp on when I am listening to bog standard music played via XBMC.

6. When playing DVD's and other Xvid encoded media via the XBOX, the quality is cracking (progressive).

7. As per the other posts aboout the screen, there is definately buzzing coming from round the back. Even when the volume is up a small amount, I can still hear the buzzing.... If all LCD's do this, then fair enough...

I suspect that if I would have purchased a 37" LCD, I would start to notice the pixelation more from the SKY+ feed. This wouldnt be a problem if they showed HDTV content all the time, but they dont (and even when they do, it will only be on some shows). I reckon the 32" screen is a good size for the 'average' room.

7. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that JaneFletcher, Im particularly interested in the Hitachi's Xbox Hi-Def performance, and everything Ive heard so far has been great.

The buzzing could be a problem for me. I went to great expense to make my PC as quiet as possible, and it really is bloody quiet now, so I hate noisy electronics. The Hitachi can't be louder than the Xbox surely?

P.S. would you be able to post some pics of the 7200 and XBMC in hi-def action please?

8. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Nowhere near! To my ears the hitachi is pretty much silent.

9. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good, cause the Xbox is louder than fat & sexy Kelly Osbourne.

10. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    :eek:

11. pogo

pogo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am very interested in buying one of these screens but as yet i am having trouble finding a store to go and view one.
    The one thing that is putting me off is motion blur as i watch a lot of sport.
    Can anyone comment on the response times and what it is like watching fast moving images.

Cheers

Pogo

P.S. Also can anyone suggest the best place online to buy one of these ?

12. JaneFletcher

JaneFletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are close to East Anglia, then try BENNETTS electical store. I managed to get them down to £1225 take home (which was cheaper than the internet including delivery !!). They had some in stock 3 days ago. Absolutely no motion blur that I can see so far (SKY+ feed).

13. pogo

pogo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info but unfortunately i am down in Cardiff so that would be a bit of a trek :D

Nice to know that you haven't had any problems as i have a sky + box myself just unsure if i should take the plunge without actually seeing one in the flesh.

Cheers

14. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    hi,

where exactly is BENNETTS in east Anglia.

Cheers

15. richardr

richardr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    John Lewis are showing stock online, so presumably will have some in their stores soon.

Their price is £1,495 including a 5 year guarantee.

16. simonfitba

simonfitba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Any shops got a good deal that John Lewis will price match?

17. thornton

thornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    JL High Wycombe said on the phone they hoped to have the 3200 LCD in a matter of days, hopefully by this weekend 21/05. Worth a call to your local store?

18. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i have palced an order for one of this at www.unbeatable.co.uk for £1199 plus £29 for delivery. They are currently out of stock, but are expecting some by the end of the week. You can also collect from their warehouse for free!

19. RockStar

RockStar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get it from Hitachishop.co.uk for £1,203.85 + £10 delivery