1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32ld7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by 54xhg, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 54xhg

54xhg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    Does anybody have any info on the new lcd from hitachi(i.e. is it HD ready).Thanks.

2. sgiorgi

sgiorgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
  4. Starfish_001

Starfish_001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to connect to both my DVD / NTL cable (Scart or Component) and my Media PC (Meedio or MCE 2005). I would like good PQ from all inputs. Including dot for dot from the pc connection. The 32LD7200 "Picture Master" seems to fit the bill.

Has anyone seen one or read any reviews?

5. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local TV dealer said that he received two sets today. He is setting one up tomorrow, so I plan to have a viewing on Wednesday and I'll provide feedback.

Dave

6. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Excellent....looking forward to the feedback then!

7. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Brilliant Dave. Cant wait for the results.

8. Starfish_001

Starfish_001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DaveBUK

who is the retailer I would quite like to take a look?

9. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave your local retailer doesn't happen to be Weymouth HiFi does it? Think I shall be popping in there on my way home from work.

10. Starfish_001

Starfish_001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Weymouth HIFI don't have any spooke to them yesterday

11. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I could not wait until Wednesday, so went this lunch time to Combens on Portland. First of all the two guys (Phil & Barry) were very friendly, honest and helpful, and we discussed the pros and cons of LCD and Plasma. They were Plasma fans, but they said that this was the best LCD picture they had seen.

Looks :

Very nice, with a shinny black surround and 2 silver detachable speakers with trim at the bottom that matched that on the bottom of the display. The build quality was excellent and the table top stand looked much better than others I have seen.

Picture :

They had done some fiddling about with the picture settings, but had not really done any optimisation and were using a 3 m Scart from either Sky, Freeview or DVD.

Sky/Freeview : Sky is mainly what I will watch, so I was keen to see it. Initially I was disappointed with some blockiness artefacts typical of low data rate MPEG transmission (not sure what channel it was). However, a scan through some of the other channels and sitting back at 8 feet away I grew to like the picture more and more. There was certainly a lot of vivid colour and brightness about the set. Their was also much more detail in the skin tones than the other LCD’s on display.

DVD: They played pack recordings off Sky from cricket and the Royal wedding. The Royal wedding was the most disappointing as you could clearly see ghosting around the back of the carriages and horses. The cricket looked much better and I did not notice any motion blurring.

Sound : They did not have the speaker wires connected so did not test.

Other :

a. The motorised stand was quite impressive and was they said to be good if the sun light is on the screen and you temporarily want to rotate the screen to remove glare. It can also tilt a few degrees, but that is by hand.
    b. They said that it was assembled in Manchester from parts supplied by Japan.
    c. It did not appear to have a fan (or at least it was very quite).
    d. They thought it did 720p @ 50Hz but we did not check.

Conclusion :

I liked the look of the set, the build quality and the picture quality most of the time. A more detailed assessment is required than my quick look today, but I am quite hopeful that this is the set I am after. I plan to return on Saturday to have a more detailed review, and perhaps take the wife to see if she likes the “look of it”. I will try to take some pictures and post them on the forum. Is there anything else you suggest I look at ?

By the way, the set looks the same as the 32LD7800TA sold in Hong Kong and Australia except that it also supports 720p @ 50Hz for the UK. Look here for more info (and download the general product catalog) ;

http://www.hitachi-hk.com.hk/Products/index.aspx?nodeID=417&UID=1422&detail=1

Regards

Dave

12. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers DaveBUK, I have my eye on this set too so the info is appreciated. I am prepared for not-great PQ for watching TV - DVDs and console games being my mian concerns. A little alarmed to read of Charles & Camilla's ghostly carriage, but it doesn't sound like this was a particularly high-quality source - and that was using SCART? I imagine DVD movies via component or DVI would be a different story...

I'm curious to know about the response time - as mentioned in DanH's thread:

13. 54xhg

54xhg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Did you see how many scart sockets it had Dave?..And how many are RGB.

14. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    piln,

a. DVD was via SCART, not a good test of DVD quality, will try to see a better source at the weekend.

b. I will ask about response time. The overdrive circuit maybe same as on the US 32HDL51 :

"The response speed of conventional LCD panels is too slow to display rapid motion sharply. Hitachi’s exclusive Motion Overdrive Circuit processes the video signal to produce sharper, more detailed pictures with the fast action typically found in sporting events."

See link and play movie, but no numbers quoted.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/discover/techadv/tech_ad_dvlcd00.shtml

54xhg

I did not check number of SCARTS, but Hitachi documents state there are 3. I will check how many are RGB enabled at weekend.

An update on 32LD7200

a. The wide angle viewing was excellent

b. The remote control looked good

Regards

Dave

15. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    This is sounding very good. The viewing angle was a concern. When you go back at the weekend, try and get them to set up a Progressive Scan DVD player via component. That should really get things going, or better yet, a DVI player if they have one.
    According to the Brochure, 2 out of the 3 Scarts are RGB. It also accepts 720p and 1080i via the HDMI, DVI+HDCP and the component inputs (confirmed by e-mail). Hitachi are also using the "HDTV ready" logo, so it has to be able to do it at both 50 and 60Hz for them to use it.

16. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave where u based mate? I'm a Portland boy born and bred, so will pop up to Combens tonight. This sounds like just the set, and the Combens lads offer excellent support (bought a few Tv's in the past from them). They'll do free installation as well if I remember rightly.

What price they got for it? They'll generally price match as well.

:thumbsup:

17. Starfish_001

Starfish_001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to (Phil) Combens this morning very helpful - He quoted me approx £1350 including delivery and installation

he has stock but was going to order some more

18. 54xhg

54xhg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  19. rossco103

rossco103
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone for the info so far ...

I admit that I'm very tempted by this set. My only remaining question would be regarding the quality of PC output via DVI. Has anyone tried this yet and what results have you found? I know a lot of other sets have issues with their native resolutions and obtaining a true full screen output from their PC.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this as this is an important consideration for me (and I'm sure a lot of other people too!!).

Thanks,

R

20. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Here's some info regarding your question (rossco) from DanH's thread - make of it what you will:

21. epigout

epigout
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all this info ...
    For those who have the chance to look at it (32LD7200) and make some tests, I would like to know if you think that the PQ is better than the 9986 ...

22. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fathead82

I was born and bred in Weymouth, so just across the causeway from you. Did you go to Combens tonight ?

roscco103

I have not got a PC with DVI but i do have a laptop with VGA output so I may try that out at the shop if I can

epigout

I have not seen the 9986, and need more time to "play with" the 32LD7200 to determine picture quality.

Dave

23. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used cheapelectricals.co.uk? Their website does offer quite a few (as yet) not released models (eg, the new 32 inch Toshibas) and it doesn't look the most professionally designed website. But, a couple of good reviews and I think I might be giving my credit card a bit of an exercise.

Alternatively, does anyone know somewhere in London (south-east preferably) that has them in stock?

24. Starfish_001

Starfish_001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Zigster just bought one form cheapelectricals.co.uk? They have quoted 10-14 days delivery. THey respond to email pretty quick and they answer the phone. I'll let you know how the order proceeds.

On another point does anyone know what cables come with the TV for PC connection.

What cables would I need a DVI-I or DIV-D or ?

25. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I saw this LCD yesterday running hi-def from a computer through component.
    It's the best picture quality that I have ever seen. It easily beats the new PD7200. Hitachi told me that it will do 720@50. I don't know the price of it though.

26. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    [bump] ...sounds good, Rampage. Wonder if DaveBUK got to see it again at the weekend? :)

27. thedandydon

thedandydon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Piln/Anyone....still requiring info whether the Vogels EWL 2001 is compatible with this model.any help much appreciated.

28. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Piln,

Unfortunately the wife and children had other plans for me on Saturday, so I could not get to Combems. I plan to go on Wednesday for a more detailed test.

However, by looking at the data I found on the Hong Kong site for the 32LD7800TA it states an 8ms rise time and a 10ms deacy time using the overdrive circuit. I did email Hitachi for a pdf of the user manual and they said that :

"Thank you for your email.

We have been advised that this manual will be available online shortly and would
    ask you to try again in a few days time."

Also it appears that Cheapelectricals have no longer got the 32LD7200 listed (£1156 was a great price). The cheapest internet price I can find is £1199 + £20 delivery (In stock) at :

http://www.totaldigital.biz/product.../1086?osCsid=76cb2ae3db100a30ceb5ca312b4ea87d

Dave

29. plasmosis

plasmosis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any suggestions where I can view this lcd screen in london zone 1 preferably??

cheers

30. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had another look at the 32LD7200 in my lunchtime. I was again impressed with the looks, build quality and picture quality, particular on a Panasonic promotional DVD (via RGB only). The Sky/Freeview channels looked good, and on the small bit of football I saw on Sky News I could not see any blurring. The sales guys did say that on the Rugby at the weekend you could see some white spots around the players and was due to the low date rate MPEG compression. The speakers were wired up this time and I thought it produced a good solid sound.

I came away with the latest Hitachi LCD/Plasma Flat Panel range sales brochure. There was nothing really new in it but it does have some good glossy pictures of the whole range. For the 42" plasma they have an analogue (42PD7200) and a Freeview version (42PD7500). But no Freeview version in the 32" LCD.

I came away with the impression that this is the LCD I want to buy. I now need to get the best price v customer service(and get the wife's go ahead).

I did email Hitachi to confirm :

"Can you confirm that the 32LD7200 set works at 720p @ 50 & 60Hz and 1080i @ 50 & 60Hz through the component input, DVI & HDMI inputs." The response was :

"To advise, all of the 7200 Series are fully HDTV compatibale, if you would like a brochure please forward your address details and we will post one to you."

So I assume that is yes.

It looks like bfinteractive has just received a 32LD7200 and likes it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206280

Regards

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.