Hitachi 32LD7200 Waiting for Delivery

markbrack, I backup what teabag said about the buzzing issue. It is a major issue on this set and a trawl through this forum will show you how much compared to any other set available.

Daz

Can we really call it a major issue ?

Obviously for the few on here that have posted problems it is a major headache, but there may be many more that have a perfect TV.

Could someone start a poll for LD7200 owners? Are you buzzin' or not ?

No buzzing but the customer service on this issue is disgraceful - look elsewhere!

karlak said:
Can we really call it a major issue ?

Obviously for the few on here that have posted problems it is a major headache, but there may be many more that have a perfect TV.

Could someone start a poll for LD7200 owners? Are you buzzin' or not ?

There already is one here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211762

At time of this post:

89% no buzz / little buzz but acceptable

11% bad buzz, going to return

New owners, add your vote!

Just added my vote for 'No buzz'.

daz1976, it may be a 'major issue' in your humble opinion but 89-90% of people disagree with you. You may have been unlucky and got a really bad buzzer or you may be especially sensitive to sounds which don't bother the majority.

On that note, I was looking at a Digifusion FVRT100 PVR last week in Curry's. I told the salesman I'd read several reviews about how noisy it was. His reaction was, 'well these things get blown out of proportion' (which he would say) but he said I could have it on approval for 7 days and if it was noisy, I could take it back. Did just that. It has a noise level equivalent to a laptop computer and I can only hear it in a silent room. BIG DEAL! As soon as I put the TV on or even move around, I can't hear a thing. Think some people need to get things in perspective.

xxnoelziexx said:
Date 25/07/05 Ordered av-euronics
Payment taken same day.

My form needs to reach them by the end of September so I will do it tonight when I finish work send it tomorrow via special delivery.

From AV Standard warranty on the TV is 3yrs. I only took delivery a few days ago but warranty starts from then :)

By the way Hitachi have been really tight with the free DVD player offer they wouldn't even let me send the form in with my invoice as they wanted the serial number of the TV even though I paid for it :([Can tou tell me where the form came from, I did not recive one?/QUOTE]

teabag1605 said:
I ordered mine on the 7/7/2005 and I hadn't heard anything so I gave them a call this morning. Apparently they are witing for some more in next week and they will give me a call when they arrive
Did they call you?

Now i only have to wait until tuesday... :thumbsup:

Future Home... not sure how many they're getting but i think you'd have to be quick, the guy reckons they'll probably be all sold out by monday.

I've been told i'll actually get mine on monday... yippee!!!

Mackem said:
Just added my vote for 'No buzz'.

daz1976, it may be a 'major issue' in your humble opinion but 89-90% of people disagree with you. You may have been unlucky and got a really bad buzzer or you may be especially sensitive to sounds which don't bother the majority.

On that note, I was looking at a Digifusion FVRT100 PVR last week in Curry's. I told the salesman I'd read several reviews about how noisy it was. His reaction was, 'well these things get blown out of proportion' (which he would say) but he said I could have it on approval for 7 days and if it was noisy, I could take it back. Did just that. It has a noise level equivalent to a laptop computer and I can only hear it in a silent room. BIG DEAL! As soon as I put the TV on or even move around, I can't hear a thing. Think some people need to get things in perspective.

And you may have a non buzzing one, but does that mean that you have the right to tell daz that he has sensitive hearing? He is quite right that this is a major issue with the 32LD7200. Maybe if you had received a buzzer, your own perspective might be shifted somewhat. Possibly, new ones don't buzz, but the older ones do, at least some of them.

Just sitting here now waiting for my 32LD7200 to arrive, i hope they get here soon.

Just back from Holiday in Croatia so bit moody :(
Thanks rhubarbe, and Mackem I couldn't agree with you more in some ways. Yes I do have sensitive hearing and am picky about what a watch and listen to but for £1500 then I would be an idiot if I wasn't picky. Also if a Hitachi engineer came into my lounge and said "That is a bit loud" then has he sensitive hearing too, and also my wife who said "bloody hell I can't put up with that".
You certainly are correct in that your own experience can make a big difference if you are inclined to be that way but I am certainly not and base my judgement on more than my own narrow experiences. In "my humble opinion" we all set our own standards for what is accceptable and mine is not a set where people on this forum are writing "I hope I don't get a buzzer". Getting new stuff is meant to be fun in this consumer driven society not based on getting a good one and not a bad one of a product that should have quality control applied to it. Although I am of the opinion that all of these sets buzz and it's the difference in peoples hearing and perception and enviroment that once applied make the judgement to it being a buzzer or not (contradictory to what I wrote about quality control being poor I know).
It was over zealous of me without a doubt to say it is a major issue but it is an issue none the less weather you perceive a problem on your set or not simply because it is a higher quantity complaint on this forum more than any other LCD set so far, but I do also think that scandal pours fuel onto burning embers and can make flames (It opens peoples ears to stuff that might have never noticed before). Also I have no axe to grind with this set as my review against the panasonic on this forum will testify to that conclusively.
So Hvala (croatian for thankyou, the only thing I learnt) Mackem for pointing out to me a brash judgement call and I am jealous that you can enjoy this wonderful set without the annoyance that I had.

Daz

Fair enough Daz. Hope you had a good hol :)

It's obviously a shame you have a problem with your set, as it really is a cracking TV. My concern was that people reading these 'buzzer' threads who hadn't yet made up their minds about buying an LCD, would be put off the 32LD7200. That would also be a great shame, as in my humble opinion, it's the best set available for around that money or indeed, quite a bit more. I was simply trying to put it into perspective for those people, that of those who'd voted, around 90% didn't have an issue with buzzing. No offence was intended.

And Rhubarbe, since when has having sensitive hearing been something to be ashamed of?! Besides, what I said was "You may have been unlucky and got a really bad buzzer or you may be especially sensitive to sounds which don't bother the majority". I still stand by what I said, in that a 90% satisfaction rating doesn't imply a 'major' problem, although I accept that for the 10% who aren't happy, it is a major issue for them.

Well I had my second hitachi delivered on saturday, and the buzzing is exactly the same, so Comet engineer coming round today.

Hopefully the third set won't be as bad. problem is for the money what can i get to replace the hitachi if the 3rd set is as buzzy ?

Despite Mr Mackem's view to the contrary, buzzing does seem still to be an issue for some.

Sounds to me like a bad batch, but just because a majority of people (on this forum) don't see it as a major issue doesn't mean it isn't an issue to those that do have it.

Here's a bit of fun for you, then. On 29.9.05 the poll stood at 89% : 11%. Now Mr Mackem has voted it is, or at least he says 90% : 10%. How many times must Mr Mackem vote for it to be silent before the vote hits 99.99% : 0.01% and we can all go home and claim to the wife (throught her earmuffs) that there really isn't a problem at all?

Oh, for goodness sake rhubarbe, read what I wrote and you might actually see that we said pretty much the same thing..... and I've only voted once and haven't checked the poll since:

"I still stand by what I said, in that a 90% satisfaction rating doesn't imply a 'major' problem, although I accept that for the 10% who aren't happy, it is a major issue for them."

I have recieved mine today... well worth the wait... fantastic picture and sound.. and NO BUZZ!!! :clap:

Well, I had ordered my 32LD7200 before reading this thread. Just received confirmation that it's arrived at my dealer and can be dispatched to me. Waiting period: about three weeks. So that isn't too bad, I guess :D

I am a bit worried about the possible buzz, though... :( Fingers very, very crossed.

Got mine on Saturday. After checking loads of web sites and making several phone calls I had almost given up being able to locate one, but eventually tracked one down at Richer Sounds in Milton Keynes.

I'm very please with it and haven't noticed any buzzing at all. :thumbsup:

Mackem said:
Oh, for goodness sake rhubarbe, read what I wrote and you might actually see that we said pretty much the same thing..... and I've only voted once and haven't checked the poll since:

"I still stand by what I said, in that a 90% satisfaction rating doesn't imply a 'major' problem, although I accept that for the 10% who aren't happy, it is a major issue for them."

If the new batch seems to be buzz free then I for one am relieved because I can't get hold of one for love nor money, and this buzzing was putting me off trying very hard if I am honest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom