Hitachi 32LD7200 Waiting for Delivery

Took delivery of mine from Richer Sounds in Newcastle last Wednesday... just in time for the England match :mad: Paid £1300 which is more than the £1194 I'd negotiated with my local Curry's but given that it's 'Vapour ware' with them and they have no idea when they'll be getting any, decided to bite the bullet. Was going to try and get them to price match but when I got there, there was another customer at the counter who they'd also promised the set to. It had my name on it though, so they were giving me first dibs. Put me in an awkward position re' negotiating with them though, with an angry punter breathing fown my neck! Did get them to drop the condition that you have to buy their extended warranty, making it £1430 or £1400 without. REALLY pleased with it.

Anymore Updates from you guys, its comming up to two months and still nothing I am not sure what to do, continue to wait or risk trying to get elsewhere?

Been waiting since 3 July, still cant say when I will receive the set.

Trust me guy's forget and cancel the LD7200 and go for the sharp GD7E, its great has all the connections as the hitachi.....

Date 25/07/05 Ordered av-euronics

And I missed the delivery today picking my daughter up from school. Re-arranged for tomorrow :smashin:

Will let you all know how it goes I can't wait.
Almost gave up last week and bought a 42 (7200) from digitaldirectuk.com as the wait was coming up to 2 months :(

You never now I may be selling this tomorrow as it could be to small for a living room.

xxnoelziexx said:

And I missed the delivery today picking my daughter up from school.
Strange. I ordered from AV-Euronics on the 20/07/05 and haven't heard a thing from them yet.

Maybe they are not too keen on honouring orders at the original/lower price.

robertnewman said:
Strange. I ordered from AV-Euronics on the 20/07/05 and haven't heard a thing from them yet.

Maybe they are not too keen on honouring orders at the original/lower price.

I ordered mine on the 7/7/2005 and I hadn't heard anything so I gave them a call this morning. Apparently they are witing for some more in next week and they will give me a call when they arrive (although he did say that they had been saying next week for a long time now and hoped Hitachi would resolve things soon). Also he did remember my order so obviusly it hasn;t been deleted.

Regards

teabag

Just been to local Comet and seen Hitachi 32LD7200 demonstrated with HDMI, was pretty impressed except for the price tag. Very helpfull assistant, when i explained the price was on the high side they offered to match currys at £1244 plus beat it by 10% plus they have them in stock (I didnt mention it was currys web price, but that shouldnt really make any difference if they want the sale). Interest free was mentioned but i dont know if that was with the price match and 10%. Only diliema is the 1 year guarantee, so still thinking about JL.

Finally got my order accepted ! £1139.99 by using

pricerunner = free delivery and 100OFF1000_CANDG = £100 off! @ www.curry.co.uk

Delivery is booked for Wed 21st Sep, cant wait did'nt bother with warrantee as Hitachi will send extended warrantee offer after 12 months anyway if you fill out the registration card!!!

I love you Currys..... :)

Am surprised they had stock Ricki, what location are you from? If you have an egg credit card they give 5% cash back when purchasing from Currys.

I tried JL Solihull today but they had no stock and werent prepared to price match an internet price such as Currys. :thumbsdow Was a bit miffed as surely the reason it is the price it is in the shops is for the instant availablility of dealing with a shop.

Let us know if u receive yours Ricki from Currys i might try them myself, since the price difference to JL is so great.

J_Mids said:
Am surprised they had stock Ricki, what location are you from? If you have an egg credit card they give 5% cash back when purchasing from Currys.

I tried JL Solihull today but they had no stock and werent prepared to price match an internet price such as Currys. :thumbsdow Was a bit miffed as surely the reason it is the price it is in the shops is for the instant availablility of dealing with a shop.

Let us know if u receive yours Ricki from Currys i might try them myself, since the price difference to JL is so great.

Im from the BN1 area, I had kept ordering them when I got home from work at about 10pm having my order accepted and then Curry cancelled it the next day via email.
Kept trying and then last week ordered another one and then got this email it was accepted!

Dear Mr Malone,

We are pleased to confirm your order.

It has been processed through your account to the value of £1144.53.

Your delivery has been booked for 21/09/2005 all day.

If you have any queries regarding your delivery please call 08701 543210 (lines
open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday).

Quantity Code Description
1 177627 D&I DELIVERY CHARGE
1 457363 HITACHI 32LD7200 32"LCD

Currys order number: C000*******
LDC order number: *******

The order will be delivered to:

East Sussex

Please note that if you have ordered more than one item, they may arrive
separately.

Thank you for shopping at Currys.
Currys Web Sales.

As you can imagine very happy!

Will be here wednesday will give an update once received and set up

Mine has been delivered I have been waiting just under 2 months but it is now in the box waiting for me. When I finish work I will be setting it up take some pictures and let you know how it all goes.

Not to sure why you haven't heard anything AVE kept me informed well did call them a lot to see if they had news. Was really lucky as there was a guy from Hitachi there when I called them and they arrange for me to get one quickly. My girlfriend is currently trying to set things up she can't wait lol. She loves the TV when we first see it in comet a few months back. Got a few more days to send my form off for my free DVD Player too.

So all in all I am very happy :)
well wortht the wait

I ordered form AV-Euronics over 2 months ago now, have phoned a lot.
Told the same thing everytime "We should receive them on friday, and ship them to customers early next week!"

I'm not sure how much longer I can wait, considering taking my custom elsewhere and ordering the new Sony lcd :(

Has anyone had an update from tvandvideodirect.com?

It's been over a month since I've ordered (not as bad as some of you guys)

xxnoelziexx, how are you getting the free DVD player as the offer expired on 31st August? Did you actually pay up front when you ordered 2 months ago and therefore have a receipt from then? If so, does this mean you only have 10 months guarantee?
I emailed Hitachi about this when I was struggling to find a 7200 to order. They told me I would have to find somewhere that would accept my order (and money!), prior to 31/8 but the guarantee would start ticking from that moment, even if the set didn't turn up for months! Eventually bought from Richer Sounds at the start of September, so missed the offer date.

Payment taken same day.

My form needs to reach them by the end of September so I will do it tonight when I finish work send it tomorrow via special delivery.

From AV Standard warranty on the TV is 3yrs. I only took delivery a few days ago but warranty starts from then :)

By the way Hitachi have been really tight with the free DVD player offer they wouldn't even let me send the form in with my invoice as they wanted the serial number of the TV even though I paid for it :(

Got mine today after waiting 1 week with Currys @ £1149.99 delivered! after using some promotional codes.

First impressions are great my NTL looks very good with only a few channels looking a bit ropey however I had expected that.

It looks alot better in the flesh and overall am very very happy with it, especially at such a great price!!

Will post pictures as soon as get time....

I actually glad to see some people actually getting their tv's.....

I've been looking for a few months now and have had no luck, to be honest the most helpfull guys have been "TV & VIDEO DIRECT" at least they've been honest!!

I thought i'd secured one with Comet all the stuff seem to come through ok then i got an email a few days later that said my bank had refused payment, so i phoned my bank and they said "oh no we didn't" what comet should've done is phone for an authorisation code, so i phone comet back and they said......... "our computer system didn't tell us that".
I basicallly said well ok i'll pay for it now and they said "We're now out of stock" so before they'd resolved the issue they'd sold my allocated item to someone else.

Curry's had also let me down... It was in stock when i ordered it and it was in stock at least an hour later... then 2 days after i get an email saying that my order has been cancelled due to lack of stock.

I beware of ebay too tried to get one from a guy on there and he just kept on put the date back and back.. after saying that he could get it in 4 days, nearly a month went by, so i cancelled my order.

I have been on to Hitachi who sent me this:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately it is not possible for Hitachi to advise on stock levels or delivery lead times for any products, this information would have to be obtained from your retailer when the order is placed or by enquiry. This is because of the many different ordering & delivery procedures for retailers. However we have very recently recieved a delivery of these units to the UK from Hitachi Japan and they are now being distributor to dealers nationwide.

I apologise for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction this matter may have caused you but trust that the above information has helped to clarify the situation.

Regards
Consumer Affairs Team
Hitachi (Europe) Ltd
England, UK.

Which i have passed on to TV & VIDEO DIRECT.... this apparently is more info than Hitachi has given them.

What i think has happend with this is that the sales manager from Hitachi UK has under projected his sales figures for say the 1st 6 month period and he's ordered like 50,000 units... which they probably sold in the 1st month.

No he's frankly bricking himself because he's got orders coming out his rear-end and if Hitachi's headquarters find out he's gonna be out of a job...

Basically he didn't have the trouser furniture to order enough in the first place... as he be in trouble if they hadn't sold them too.

Nice one Layne

I can feel that moment getting closer and closer when you get the phone call to say "When would you like it delivered?"

HI

I to ordered from TV&VideoDircet in July. They initially told me that I would get the TV at th end of August, but then on Sept 1 when I rang to ask where it was they then said that Hatachi wouldn't get any of these into the UK until late October.

I did manage to find one though at www.webelectricals.co.uk with next day delivery. I have now had this set for 3 weeks, and am very impressed, the picture quality is great. :)

The only thing I have noticed is that when the volume is on MUTE, there is an annoying humming sound which comes from it.

I have emailed Hitachi to ask if this is normal, but as yet haven't had a response, so if anyone else has this TV can you please tell me if you too get this humming noise.

Regards
Mark

For goodness sake Markbrack. If you can only hear it when the sounds on mute, what's your problem?! :)

Stick your head over your old CRT when the sounds on mute. I bet it hums or buzzes or something but you just never noticed. They've been doing that for 50 years.

markbrack said:
HI

The only thing I have noticed is that when the volume is on MUTE, there is an annoying humming sound which comes from it.

I have emailed Hitachi to ask if this is normal, but as yet haven't had a response, so if anyone else has this TV can you please tell me if you too get this humming noise.

Regards
Mark

I think you need to look in the 32ld7200 main thread, there is plenty of humming and buzzing there.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203405

regards

teabag

6 more days till JL turns up at my door, between 11 and 1 on Wednesday. SO im taking the whole day of work to play with it :D

Got component cables and the Digital Essentials dvd ready and waiting.

Oh Hurry up JL... :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom