1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 Waiting for Delivery

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by craigdyer, Aug 30, 2005.

1. craigdyer

craigdyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I bought this model from TVandVideoDirect on the 18th July and I am still waiting for it to be delivered I just wanted to find out if there are other people out there who are waiting for delivery and how long they have been waiting for.

2. xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Date 25/07/05 I was told a week by them but Hitachi has been so slow sending them out the suppliers. Demand has been very high for it. So I have been waiting over a month now. But I am holding out becuase I am not paying another £100 extra and have the same problem (waiting game) from someone else.

Order from AV - Euronics
    http://www.av-euronics.co.uk/moreinfo.php?catid=&pid=113
    £1339.00 Including delivery and 3 year warranty DVD Player promotion.
    Don't know if I will be able to get this as I haven't taken delivery for the Television as of yet :(

I checked today and see the price has went up too.
    I am using my Dell 24" LCD connected component to my digital box at the moment and a portable 14" as a tv because my other TV broke.

3. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I would certainly push hard for a discount after such appaling service,you would be suprised what you can get when you are an upset customer :smashin:

4. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Also waitng for one for a few weeks now from Hughes high street. Hitachi Rep told them end of month. Bit concerned though as new owners reporting buzzing problem on new sets also!!!

Daz

5. Matt Higgins

Matt Higgins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'm still waiting for mine from Robertsons - been ordered for a fortnight now so I'm getting a bit twitchy about not having my new telly!!

Was in a bit of a moral dilemma - the day after I ordered it, I noticed the Comet had it for delivery in my area, but my principles got the better of me after they'd messed up a washing machine order, so I didn't go for it....... Hey ho!!

6. craigdyer

craigdyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been tempted to cancel and go elsewhere but I got a good price so thought I would wait, just didn't think I would be waiting this long. :(

7. abcd

abcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Same here, from the same place.

I ordered around the 15th of August, so if you haven't got it yet, I don't stand much chance of getting mine soon.

8. craigdyer

craigdyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wish Hitachi would get there bums in gear and keep up with demand.

And maybe the staff at TVandVideo Direct could keep us a bit better informed.

9. abcd

abcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

That's a good point. I e-mailed them last week, and I haven't had a reply yet.

10. tdg1230

tdg1230
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    . I waited so long for mine, since June but it was delivered last week and it's worth the wait, but I also saw an opportunity and I have now found the wholesale supplier of these and intend to start selling them ebay immediately, with stock available in 5-10 days

11. Xeroxtc

Xeroxtc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered mine from av-euronics on 27th July. Still waiting, phoned on several occasions to check the status and everytime same reply;

"Should have them in the next few days..." :mad:

12. Matt Higgins

Matt Higgins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to Robertsons today - they had no further info, but were going to ring Hitachi and get back to me.....

I'm not holding my breath.......

13. ian watson

ian watson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered one from Richer Sounds on Tuesday. They said they had over 70 available to them and should have one for me in my local store on Thursday. Its £1299.

14. emu

emu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    i know its hard to wait for em guys

but trust me its worth it :thumbsup:

15. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    hhmm, Spoke to my Local Richer Sounds (Glasgow) this morning, and they said they had none availlable and none in the warehouse :thumbsdow

Also got a phone call from JL (Glasgow), they just got stock in this evening.

Funny how JL go in stock when RS goes out of stock :nono:

Will maybe phone up RS tommorrow again, see whats happening.

16. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I was keenly waiting for one of these from www.av-euronics.co.uk but I keep reading tales of buzzing. I don't hear buzzing mentioned on other LCD threads.

If the guy from av-euronics phones me tomorrow, and OK, let's face it, he won't, I don't know what to say to him. I don't want to spend £1500 on a buzzer. OTOH, maybe the posters telling us it buzzes are in the delivery queue themselves and just want to put us off so that they get nearer the front.

Just how loud is this buzz exactly? This is the only LCD TV I want to buy and if it buzzes I don't think I want any.

17. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    rhubarbe, you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm so concerned that I'll get the set and use the setting posted on this forum to hear a Bzzzz from across the room. The waiting is driving my crazy simply beacause like you I don't want to plump for any other set!

Daz

18. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me mate, I wish the buzzing issue wasn't really there..

TBH though, I can just about live with it, it's not loud enough to hear whilst viewing the tv at normal volumes, it's just when I'm trying to watch tv at low volumes at night.. the screen buzzes whenever it is displaying something dark; and this is with the backlight set to +20. :eek:

Actually, if you search a bit more, you'll find several other screens that have the same issue; it's a transformer issue I believe..

Ben

19. pebblebeach

pebblebeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one seems to have stock of these. I have polled all the stores within an hour and a half of me, no stock and no display models. My closest John Lewis said it has stock due in next week but already has more orders than incoming stock. I can't spend over a grand on a TV if I haven't even seen it

20. nburcombe

nburcombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  21. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I don't think anybody has this set in stock, pebblebeach. At least no online retailer that I can find, despite what the pricerobots may say.

There are so many of us on here combing the country for one that if there were a great untapped store of these units hidden secretly somewhere, somebody would have found them by now.

This LCD TV search is now consuming a wholly inappropriate proportion of my time. I've managed to hold off today until lunchtime to get some work done, but I'm back on the case now.

The pity is that there is no other LCD TV out there with as much connectivity; I think maybe the new Tosh: 2 x hdmi, but PC is limited to dsub @ XGA so what's the point?

Is there anything else that even comes close? 9830 looks the nearest to me and it had digital audio out too, but even that says PC is limited to XGA. Why would I want to spend another £5-600 on a 9830 and not have 1:1 mapping? ..... unless I junk the HTPC and put all the media on a terabyte NAS .... but all my 300Gb HDD's are PATA. Wail!

Anybody can tell me why, please put me out of my misery.

22. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    rhubarbe, just an idea here but do you know how the Panasonic stacks up in terms of connections as while waiting and worrying about the backlight buz I'm considering that or even the JVC.

Daz

23. craigdyer

craigdyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Just phoned TVandVideoDirect and was told that they cannot give me a definate date of delivery as Hitachi do not seem to be able to meet demand. The guy I spoke to siad that it could even be December, Not to happy as I ordered in July so it will be interesting to see what other people have to say.

Not sure I can wait that much longer, whoever said patience was a virtue ha :(

24. Xeroxtc

Xeroxtc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phoned av-euronics again, couldn't give me any indication of a timescale and mentioned that it was all in Hitachi's hands.

It was even suggested that I may want to look at ordering an alternative :eek:

25. therat

therat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Had one on order since 3 July. Rang them last week and told should be available in early September.

26. ian watson

ian watson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They say they have one for me.
    I will pick it up at the weekend. :clap:

27. rontuck

rontuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into our local Richer Sounds store (Brighton) on Saturday & put my name down in their order book.

Yesterday they called to say that they've received 2 Hitachi 32LD7200's & would I like one? My husband nearly ripped their arm off!!

Ronnie

28. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    tixylixy500 or whatever, the HD one has (and I'm not counting rubbish S or CVBS video):

WXGA? - will go to it but manuals says it might not work :D :D
    freeview
    2 rgb scart
    1 yuv
    1 hdmi
    1 dsub

So, it's short by just the DVI

JVC is the same but PC only goes to XGA on the dsub.

I want DVI and HDMI. I am prepared to connect the PC over dsub to get 1:1 PM but if I am going to connect a PC XGA is just not good enough. I could abandon the HTPC and indeed I am not using one at present but things move on apace and I may want to build MKIII during the lifetime of the LCD TV.

I know you can buy multiple DVI switches that pass through HDCP, and you can buy multiple HDMI switches, but they are such a price, available from USA (and EEC has slapped on 15% duty on a lot of manufactured goods from US) .

OTOH the tixylixy and the JVC look realy nice.

I don't know.

29. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Had a minor breakthrough today. Stock everywhere seems, as everybody knows, non existent, and timescales are from now to eternity, so spoke to my local Hughes Bod who has a display model I've seen in action and said I could pop in tomorrow and they'll set it up for me to check and see if I want that. So will take a look as display stuff to me has as many ups as downs when weighed against boxed stuff (this comes from years of experience and some years working in the industry), so might have one soon after all.

Daz

PS I'll check it out for the Buzz before I buy, and they've said if there's anything I don't like about it I can swap it for a new one when they come in.

30. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    There you go then. Forgot all about the tixylixy, didn't you? Let us know about that buzzing, y'hear?