hitachi 32ld7200 or Sony KLV-V32A10E - which to buy?

V

vasja

Hi,
I'm buying a 32" LCD TV. Please help me decide between Hitachi 32ld7200 and Sony KLV-V32A10E.

Both have similar spec. and similar price. Which is better. Is there anyone that has tested both?

Thank you for your help!

Vasja

personnally i went with the Hitachi over the new Sony Bravia.

The reasons being:
It was cheaper
It has more inputs
the picture was better - i have to admit that i could never get anyone to setup the sony with an hdtv source. That said the hitachi seemed better when looking at freeview.

did you have the chance to compare them side by side?

What was the picture quality difference?

What about contrast ratio, specifications for Sony are almost 2x better...

Connection wise, Hitachi's better
Sound wise, Hitachi's better
Price wise, Hitachi's better
PQ wise, Sony is better

Biggest problem with the Hitachi is the buzz... It's a hit or miss thing, and if you've got one, chances are slim they'll replace it.

This made me turn to the Sony side (plus the fact I can get the Sony at the same price but with a 5 year guarantee)

hi, tank you for your posts.
Unfortunately I'm not closer to decision ... Two opossing answers :)

did anyone comapre these units side by side. Is there any known "pro" rewiev of new Sony line?

rgds,
vasja

Hitachi by far had the same choice and had a comprehensive view of both before purchase ( mate works in Sony Centre )

Hitachi has better:

Picture Quality

Sound

Imputs - HDMI - DVI - COMPONENT - 3 X SCART ( 2 RGB ) - VGA - S-VIDEO

Looks and it has a motorised stand!, but hey dont just belive me just read some of the Home Cinema Reviews.

And no sign of this apparent buzz nonsense...

Yes, reviews are great. But I have not jet found a Sony review. Do you know of any?

What about contrast which by spec. should be muc better on Sony?

I reviewed it them myself - im in no way saying the Sony is not a good model it's one of the best.

However the Hitachi LD7200 is a rare bolt of lighting giving performance of twice it's price tag.

I spent 3 months deciding and looked at Lowe - Sony - Panasonic all great and nearly bought, but I was lucky enough to get Richersounds to give me a full demo of the Hitachi that blow away all the rest.

The Sony and Panny were my second choices, and I had a good 2 hours with the Sony running RGB and HD signal from a PC and it too was good just not as good as the Hitachi!!

Good luck with your buy I know its a killer, no doubt any you but you will love!

Hi,
ricki1980 thank you for your insight! Which Sony did you compare to ld7200 ? Was it the "new" one - V32 (KLV-V32A10E or DL-V32A12)?

vasja

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom