1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32ld7200 - Noise

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dvdchild, Jun 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I have had this tv a week and i can notice a very dull constant humming coming from the set - it doesn't really change with regards to what is on screen but i can hear it when TV is on at low volume and it really is quite annoying and very tempted to return set.

Does anyone elses screen do this or have i got a fault?

help would be appreciated.

DVDCHILD

2. drfelch

drfelch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search for previous noise problems with this set (and other LCD's too). Some people have it (I certainly do) and other people claim they dont. I tend to have my TV volume set quite low occasionally and the hum REALLY bugs me. When its at normal volume I can 'just' hear it, and when I have the 5.1 on, its obviously not noticable.

There was also a poll somewhere for the Hitachi noise.

3. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same TV and had not noticed the very slight hum until, after reading the last posts, I muted the sound and stood closer to the set.
    From my normal viewing distance which is about 10 feet away the hum was almost inaudible.
    If the noise from your set is so loud as to be irritating you probably have a fault.

4. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    tv went back today and swopped for an 435XDE plasma at that looks like that has a fault as keeps powering off. aaahhhhhh :mad: :mad: