Hitachi 32LD7200 LCD or 32PD5200 Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by JFKM, Jun 6, 2005.

1. JFKM

JFKM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Both sets are similarly priced, but which is the better option? Which screen is best for watching DVD's in progressive and hidef xbox?

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    That is actually quite a tough call. I bought my plasma a few weeks ago (7xxx series screens were not yet launched) but was happy to do so because I prefer the look of a picture on a plasma screen. LCD still looks too harsh for me. Is your source a good one because the 32PD's are very thin on the ground. My first choice supplier sent me a used one and feigned ignorance when I complained before accepting it back and sending a refund. My second choice supplier had their own stock and sent the Plasma next day in perfect working order.

3. swanny78

swanny78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    The 7000 series hitachi's (32ld7200 and the 34pd7200) feature picture master technologya nd are the flagship displays for Hitach. They will give the best PQ, they are both HD REady aswell. I would leave the 500 series alone.