1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 @ John Lewis

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by bbdivo, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bbdivo

bbdivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just thought I'd let you all know, John Lewis have somemore of these in stock (according to their website!) £1495 (includes 5 yr guarantee)

2. vx220

vx220

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    how come i only payed 920.00 inc vat.. i got it cost price of a mate and thought it was ok for the money but the screen packed in after 2 days so i changed it for a better model.... not the greatest 32 incher around imo... id say look at the jvc, philips, sony, and sharp sets before like many others do and follow the sheep....

3. bbdivo

bbdivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well I would go for this set for the following reasons:

1) connectivity, has DVI, HDMI(with HDCP) VGA (amongst many other), not many screens have all 3, the plan is to connect Media Center PC to VGA, Oppo player to DVI and (when it comes out) SKY HD to HDMI

2) Its one of the few sets that does 1:1 pixel mapping at 1366x768 (and i dont mean 1360 or 1368) very important for the Media Center.

3) Main thing for me, it works on 100-240V, I'm planning a year away in the US and I'd like to take it with me.

as far as it packing in after 2 days, well, could just have been your luck, (or the reason why you paid £920 for it!) the worst thing i have read about it on here is the buzzing it sometimes emits. Other than that its a cracking set, I've seen this thing in action with Hidef material.

Oh and one last thing thats kinda cool, it has the motorized base!

4. J.Glen

J.Glen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BULLsh*t!!!
    First of all there's no way you paid 920 for it,not even cost price is that low..

Secondly it beats the hell out of the tvs you mention.Hell i'd say that only the new philips(which costs a lot more) is comparable.

The 32700 is an amasing set in just about everything(picture,connectivity,sound) and just about every review agrees with me.

Thanks for your little "story" anyway.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,222
    I'm well pleased with mine.....

I appreciate we can only judge things from our own experiences (that's the same with everything) however it's wrong to cast this as the 'general consensus'. If there is a problem it's only fair to give the supplier/manufacturer a chance to put it right. After all, the service doesn't end upon installation!

I bought my 32LD7200 from JL, really happy with the end to end service, free 5yr warranty so would heartily recommend them as a supplier. I've not had any probs with my set btw :thumbsup:

In my experience with this TV, it will shine with a good source. I feed it Sky+ (via RGB Scart); X-Box (via Hi-def Component) and DVD S97 (via HDMI) - awesome on all three feeds.

Cheers,

Steve :)

6. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Mine too... tis a cracking bit of kit...

Can't wait to get the HI DEF up and running.. and yes the motorised base is a bit trick too..

7. vx220

vx220

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    how can u even contest me i have a copy of the reciept and it has happened to a few of these sets in the past month... im just telling u what happened... fact is now i have the new philips set worth 1499.99 for cost price of 984.00 inc vat and its been wonderfull for the past few weeks... im not saying the hitachi is a bad set either just telling u all of what i and a few others sets have been troubled by this minor manufacturing fault... all i can advise is if ur spending 1000 or 1500 on a set i recommend a 3 yr guarantee....

8. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    I was going to go for this set but starting to sway towards the Panasonic 500 as it is supposed to have less noise and better picture.