1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 - Help please (poor black levels)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by luke77, Jun 29, 2005.

1. luke77

luke77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received a Hitachi 32pd7200 and must say that the PQ is fantastic. My only concern is the black levels (which sometimes seem a little greyish). This maybe my setup, which I can't seem to get right.

I am using a Cambridge Audio DVD (Azur) through component on AV4 (Progressive scan).

Can somebody help me with an ideal setting (brightness etc).

Cheers
    luke

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi Luke. It's a problem with LCD's, and I don't think we can do much about it. We've just got a new JVC LT26DS6B which shows really impressive blacks in normal room lighting or relative to a bright white in the same scene, but under low-lighting conditions and on all-dark scenes it is obvious that the screen cannot reach down to the same black as a CRT.
    I've managed to make things a bit better by lowering the backlight level and fiddling with the contrast and brightness settings.
    By turning off the 'auto blue screen' that appears when there's no signal, I've noticed that the screen is always dimly lit, no matter what I do. Other than this, I'm delighted with this set, as you are with yours! :)