Hitachi 32LD7200, few questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by rainstel, Mar 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rainstel

rainstel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the oportunity to try one of these out and as they're held in high regard here, I'd just like to clarify a few things.

Do they upscale themselves or do I need a DVD player to that?
    What is their PQ like (supposed to be really nice over component so I'm told)?
    Are the speakers detachable (if they are, the wife's gonna like that one!)

Those are the main questions, any other info from owners/users would appreciated. Thanks.

2. shad 0

shad 0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I’ve had mine since August and it’s a very nice TV.
    If you mean upscale to 720p or 1080i, then no.
    PQ is very good, I use my 360 over component and it looks very good, although have not had the chance to try HDMI or DVI yet.
    The spacers most definitely come of.
    Hopes this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rainstel

rainstel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that mate. I posted here 'cos I read through most of the appropriate threads after searching, but there was sooooo... much info I suffered overload, lol. Whats DVD playback like through component? I'm not interested in PC, PS2 or Xbox useage yet, just freeview box, (not sky, I don't have it or want it).

4. shad 0

shad 0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Can only use my XBOX 360 of component DVD playback, and it looks petty good imo. Sorry don’t have freeview.

Disclaimer: all pics taken with mobile phone so look much better in real life lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. swanny78

swanny78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Speaker detachable yes, it scales 576 image to a 768 image as this is the native resolution of the screen so needs to do this to fill the screen. If you mean complicated HD upscaling like the Fouridja chip then no, you will require a proper video scaler to get near HD picture from standard broadcasts. I have the oppo DVD player via DVI and it is supurb. XBOX 360 Via component HD quality is excellent.

6. rainstel

rainstel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is the sort of scaling i was thinking of. Atm, I've got a C/A DVD57 that doesn't do upscaling, but, as you said the hitachi will sort of "upscale" from 567 to 768, how does this effect picture quality? Does the screen do a proper job of the upscaling so the picture quality improves, or does it just run it at the higher res, causing the the edges of objects look "jagged",? I know its not gonna be HD or anything like that, but does the IQ improve?

7. swanny78

swanny78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    tbh I cant remember what my old CRT looked like, but im very pleased with sky images on the Hitachi certainly better than my CRT. There is picture processing going on in the form of Picture Master which scales the image very well, external scalers will do a better job of course as thats what their designed to do, but tend to cost a bit. My oppo scales to HD better than my TV but the difference in quality is the difference between my TV scaler and that of the OPPO.