1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 Custom Resolutions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Jungl3J1m, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Jungl3J1m

Jungl3J1m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All,

I have just recieved my 'Beautiful' Hitachi 'Work of Art'. :thumbsup:

So pleased with it even though i've not even seen it in High Def yet!

Well i started this thread for those who need help setting up the best resolution for their LCD with PC input (Myself included of course). I thought i'd be able to use the screens' native resolution 1366x768 (correct?) and all would be dandy, but i must be wrong because i try this using powerstrip (as nvidias' own driver cannot support this resolution) and the computers 'Desktop', 'screen', 'what-you-see' is far too big and i end up scrolling left and right to view it all!

Anyone able to tell me where i'm going wrong and point me in the right direction. :lease:

Any input from anybody would be much appreciated as i have looked through the forums but cannot find an answer.

Cheers.

James.

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The 7200 can do 1360x768, not 1366. It still displays it 1:1, but misses of the 3 pixels on each side. Try setting 1360x768 in powerstrip. You might need to reboot it after aswell.

Edit - We are talking about the DVI input here arent we? The VGA input should take 1366x768 no problem.

3. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just one small, but important point: in Powerstrip, when you are entering the custom resolution do NOT select the 16:9 aspect ratio check box. Set it to "any" otherwise you get a screen that would scroll to left and right when you move the mouse pointer.

4. mdawkins

mdawkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got exactly the same problem, I tried setting up my 7200 last night and have Powerstrip installed and the latest Nvidia drivers for the FX5200 graphics card connected using DVI, after selecting 1360x768 in Powerstrip as it is already in the list, and restarting the PC it still pans across the screen!!! I have tried selecting 1366x768 and 1368x768 and get the same result.

Please can someone help me with this problem!!!!

Thanks

Martin.

5. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you wanna double check the above.

Ben

6. mdawkins

mdawkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure the setting in Powerstrip is set to 'Any' by default and I did not change it, but I will check it again later today.