1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 - Confused on inputs

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chorlton, May 9, 2005.

1. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is my first post and to be honest Im finding all the different input options confusing. I quite like the look of the 32ld7200 but Im confused on what connects to what, and I cant find a decent page to explain all the available inputs on this lcd.

Anyone help?

Does this set have HDMI? Is this HDCP?
    Also does it have a dvi or dsub connector (or both?). On the dvi is this also HDCP?
    Does it have component input for connecting a dvd player with progressive scan.

Basically I have a PC. I want to connect along with a dvd player and NTL cable box. I have an amp and surround sound kit for home cinema so not too bothered about having the sound go into the lcd's speakers.

2. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It has HDMI - HDMI is HDCP by default, so no worries there.
    It has both DVI and DSUB, and the DVI is also HDCP.
    It also has 3 scart inputs (2 are RGB), 1 S-Video and finally there is 1 component input.
    What a selection!

3. Arob

Arob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A very well connected set.

However I would point out that there have been problems getting 1:1 with DVI from a PC. I am currently using my 32LD7200 connected to a PC with a ATI Radeon x800xt, using DVI. The maximum resolution I can get is 1024x768, which can be stretched to fill the screen. There was an earlier thread saying Hitachi were looking at this problem. I have not yet tried with DSub, no longer have one of those leads, but I here that is ok.

Anyway I am very happy with a stretched 1024x768, doesn't really bother me for the moment. Maybe someone will find a fix for this sometime. The set is fantastic in pretty much every other way.

4. snark

snark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this linklink

5. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info. Im using an epia board at the moment as a media center and it only has dsub or svideo. Although my gaming pc has dvi.