1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 Cabling

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by djb, Aug 22, 2005.

1. djb

djb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

Novice on this stuff so bear with me.

Taking delivery of the Hitachi in next few days. Was hoping can someone advise on the cables I need to attach the following:

Panasonic DVD Player Recorder DMR-E50
    PS-2
    Sky Digibox
    Also have a sony vaio would like to run thru it sometimes.

I have half an idea on what I need, but would rather get it right before it arrives..

Thanks in advance
    Damien.

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I would have thought:

Panasonic DVD - Component out > Component in - Hitachi
    PS2 - RGB Scart out > RGB Scart in - Hitachi
    Sky - RGB Scart out > RGB Scart in - Hitachi

Sky - Scart > Scart - Panasonic DVD (not sure if these scarts are RGB or not?)

Laptop - VGA out > VGA in - Hitachi (assuming you don't have DVI? Even then, DVI probably not worth hassle if only for occasional use)

ps. something that seems to catch people out: AV1 on the Hitachi is NOT a RGB Scart. Only AV2 and AV3 are RGB enabled.

3. djb

djb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Matt.

More dumb questions.

Previously I had to have the DVD in series, cabling wise between the TV and the Sky box. The TV was like something from Noahs arc, so it might be different now..

Can the DVD player record direct the LCD RGB out... or do I have to go with same set up?

Thanks
    Damien.

4. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The LCD doesnt have an RGB out, only inputs. So as Matt said, use the sky RGB scart output straight to the LCD for sky viewing. Use the secondary Sky output (non RGB i think) to the recorder for recording (heh), and then finally use component cables from the DVD recorder to the component in on the LCD. That way you can use progressive scan from the DVD recorder/player for best playback of disks.
    You will also need stereo phono (red/white) cables from the DVD recorder to the LCD aswell for audio, as component only carrys the video signal. (Assuming your not using a surround receiver)

You could connect up just as you have done with the old setup, but then you are using RGB Scart from the DVD recorder to the LCD, which isnt as good as progressive scan via component.
    (Generally speaking anyway, i have no idea what Panny dvd recorders look like PQ wise via component for DVD playback, it might only be a marginal improvement over RGB scart at best, only way to tell is give it a try, and if your not happy maybe think about getting a decent standalone player for better quality playback, and use the Panny as just a recorder.)