1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD7200 Backlight Buzz Poll

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by VurtHed, May 11, 2005.

?
  1. There has never been any buzz.

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. There was a buzz, but it has now gone - without me changing settings.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. There was a buzz and I have changed settings to make it quieter/stop it. I can live with it now.

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. There is a slight buzz, which I can only hear when there is no audio. It doesn't bother me.

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  5. There is a loud buzz. I may get a return.

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Let's see how widespread this problem is...

(For details of the problem, please see this thread.

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    All fine here. Can only hear it within inches of the screen, otherwise inaudible.

3. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry - I was halfway through writing the poll when I got interrupted. I had no idea the thread had been started without the poll finished!!

The poll is now up.

4. jmcardle

jmcardle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Bump

5. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not a sound from mine - looks like I'm the only one so far.

6. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    On mine there's only a buzz if i more or less rest my head on the top of the set, and even then it's hard to hear. There wasn't an option for that in the poll though, so I went for the "only when there's no audio" option. The (limited) results of the poll seem to show that there isn't much of a problem (fingers crossed).

It's definitely nothing compared to my Sharp 15" in my bedroom. That's got what sounds like a test-tone when on any setting other than 'Bright'. Bloody awful it is, but thankfully I only ever watch it on 'Bright' so it doesn't bother me!

7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought this set only one week ago (replacement for Philips 30pf9946) and this is by far the best LCD Tv I have had, I have No buzzing on mine.

8. proth

proth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased one three days ago and it has a loud hum as described before. I'm going to try and get it replaced. Has anyone else managed to get a replacement set?

9. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard that some people were going to return them, didn't hear how they got on though.

10. imh

imh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the 8% who have the annoying buzz post when and who from they got the screen from? Just to see if there is a pattern...

11. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called the Hitachi technical support number yesterday (0870 4054405). They confirmed that there are no known issues with this set, and has given me the number of my local engineer.

I called the engineer who told me that faults with this set are few and far between seeing as it's so new. I asked the engineer whether he's heard of this issue which he has not. He did however advise me that if he comes out and finds that the set is not found to be 'faulty', I would be charged £70+VAT. He also said that as I wasn't speaking directly to Hitachi when I dialled the above number, but instead to a 3rd party contracted to handle Hitachi's customer support, the customer support agent wouldn't have as much information at hand as an actual Hitachi representative. The engineer advised me to contact Hitachi direct to see if they can advise me further.

I have sent an email over to Hitachi and the email seems to have been responded to by the same people who are contactable on the above number. They told me to call the above number to organise an engineer to come out to see the TV.

This is getting rather frustrating! I'm not going to pay £70+VAT for an engineer to come out and patronize me by saying it's not a fault.

Any ideas guys?

Ben

12. jbm

jbm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a very light buzz when I reduce the backlight under 18, one can only hear it clearly with the hear next to the back of the set....

13. Fabs35

Fabs35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do hear a faint buzzing sound but you soon ignore it - only heard now when the volume is down to zero and it's very late ie no other noises inside/outside the house.

I did contact JL who were supposed to send out an engineer but we've learnt to live with it so didn't chase JL.

14. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thought this could do with bumping back up since so many of us seem concerned while waiting for our sets. Any new opinions would be great.

Daz

15. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well... finally able to vote in the poll I started now that I've got the screen.

I voted "There was a buzz and I have changed settings to make it quieter/stop it. I can live with it now."

Here's what I said about it in the main thread: