1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32LD6200 - opinions please...?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Dan666, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this TV - seems really good value at £869.

I've read rave reviews about the 7200 version, hopefully this will have the same picture quality.

Im looking at this one along with the Sharp LC32GA5E.

2. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On second thoughts, Ive looked at the spec in more detail and it appears to have a leisurely response time of 25ms, compared with the Sharp's 16ms.

Oh well, the Sharp it is - unless anyone can advise otherwise...?

3. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Theres lots of info on here of sets in this price range. If i was you, i wouldnt bother with the Sharp at all. Its not HD ready for one, and whilst thats not of great importance to some right now, it will be in the future.

The newest Samsung 32" (LE32R41B) is around that price, and seems like a good buy at the moment for the money. Maybe worth a look. (The 51B model is the same, it just has a slightly different front bezel, and any of the models that have a D after it have integrated freeview tuners, but cost more)

For an extra £350-400 theres the Hitachi 32LD7200 which will certainly be better than the previous generation 6200. Its a new panel for one (16ms with an overdrive function that lowers it to about 8ms) and has "Picture Master" processing along with a shed load of other nice stuff. If the magazine reviews are to be believed, then its probably the one to get at the moment. (I wouldnt put too much faith in magazine reviews, but a number of people on here have had very good things to say about it)

Those are the only 2 sets i personally would bother looking at right now, but over the summer there are new Sharps, Sonys, Panasonics and Philips sets coming, but could start out quite pricey if their last models are anything to go by.