Hitachi 32HB26T61U 'Teletext not available'

george 45

Novice Member
Just bought and installed a new Hitachi 32HB26T61U
All works relatively well other than when I push the 'Teletext' button on the remote while watching BBC 1 or2 all I get is a message on the tv screen saying 'Teletext not available' this is most annoying ...can anyone offer any help ?

mike7

Distinguished Member
The original Teletext/Oracle/Ceefax services were discontinued in 2012. The BBC Red button service has now also to be discontinued. I believe a service may still exist in other countries which is probably why there is a specific button on the the "Hitachi" remote.

Last edited:

george 45

Novice Member
BBC had a change of heart after public protests and decided to keep the service operative.
It works fine on my other Samsung TV's but not on this Hitachi !!!

george 45

Novice Member
I can now get a similar service by pressing the red button on the Hitachi RC....similar but not the same, so problem is satisfied but not solved.
My other Samsung TV's and Humax box are unchanged and, when selected, the Teletext service works just fine

EricHitachi

Novice Member
Hi

I may have found a solution, but have no idea why it works. I found that when trying to solve the same problem I could cure it but only for a few minutes. This told me teletext was there but how do I get it. I have found if I disable the internet on the TV teletext works fine. If i need to use Freeplay etc I just go to setting and enable the internet. Not ideal but it works

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom